Frequently asked Questions
About the Masters in Education (Leadership, Reading, Technology)
What makes this program unique?
- What makes this program unique?
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- How much does it cost?
- What are the admissions requirements?
- How do I apply?
The schedule and the amount of practica are unique. Each summer core course meets during a two-week session. Throughout the following school year, graduate students participate in practica that are designed to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the core courses. This design of a core course followed by application of the course objectives not only allows teachers to use their own schools as laboratories, but it also provides opportunities to test theories against realities encountered in schools.
How long does it take to complete the program?
USF recommends that the programs be completed on a two- or three-year cycle. All four areas of emphasis are 33 credit hours.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is $270 per semester hour, based on the 2012-2013 academic year. A $40 per semester student fee.
What are the admission requirements?
To be eligible for the graduate program, applicants must have:
· a valid teaching certificate.
· a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
· a minimum of one year teaching experience
· three letters of recommendation that address the applicant's potential as a leader in Reading, Schools, or School Technology
How do I apply?
Complete and submit the application with the $25 fee.
Request official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all institutions attended.
Ask three individuals to submit recommendation forms.
All applications and recommendation forms are available on the website.
Specific information about the Masters in Teaching.