Is DCP right for you?
Even if you don't have the total number of required credit hours, you can still apply to USF as a pre-DCP student. We will help you determine the courses you need to complete the requirements. If you are interested in a Social Work major, refer below to the Social Work Step-by-Step Admissions Guide.
DCP applicants must have the following to qualify for admission:
A minimum of two years of college credit accepted in transfer from coursework completed at accredited institutions and/or from non-traditional and prior learning verified by official transcripts. If you do not have enough semester hours, you may apply to USF as a pre-DCP student.
- Successful completion of an English composition course.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- At least three years of demonstrated work or volunteer experience.
- An interview with the DCP director.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A completed application.
- Computer technology proficiency.
Accounting applicants must also have successfully completed the following courses before entering DCP accounting courses:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
Some students may need to take liberal arts and/or elective courses in
addition to the DCP major to meet graduation requirements. If you do not
have the credits required or aren't sure, please Contact Us.
Social Work Step-by-Step Admissions Guide:
Social Work applicants, if you believe you have the credits required to enroll in USF's Social Work DCP, click here to view our Social Work Step-by-Step Admission Guide.