The Academic Success Center offers weekly workshops addressing issues and skills important for pursuing intellectual, professional and academic growth. Nearly 50 events were offered during the 2009-2010 academic year. Staff also collaborate with faculty to integrate academic success information into their curriculum.
Topics included the following:
- Test-taking strategies
- Selecting a major or career
- Locating employment and internships
- Time management & goal setting
- Note-taking and reading strategies
- Presentation skills for colloquium, senior seminars, and general coursework
- Math & Science study strategies
- Writing resumes and preparing for interviews
- Electronic research & writing skills
- Applying to graduate school
- Creating credential files
- Discovering who you are and the careers that best fit you
For more information on upcoming events, enter My.USF and click on the ASC Services tab.