Bachelor of Science in Nursing:
Click here to view our Accelerated Program Brochure
Application & Instructions
The accelerated track is a 15-month full-time program designed for students who already hold a bachelor’s degree in another field and wish to pursue a degree in nursing. It is an intense program with courses offered in a compressed time-frame in comparison to the more traditional 8-semester program. It includes a combination of classroom instruction and clinical experiences. A new accelerated class will be admitted once a year to begin in January and complete the program in 15 months (April of the following year).
Due to the intensity of this program in terms of both time and coursework while you are enrolled in this program, it is recommended that you not work more than 12 hours per week and that you will not work within 8 hours of a scheduled clinical experience.
Students are required to travel to sites throughout the state for clinical experiences and will be responsible for travel/lodging expenses related to these experiences. Students will need to plan their family and work commitments accordingly.
Some of the program highlights include:
- Extensive clinical experience with patient contact beginning in the first semester.
- Clinical experiences in all areas of nursing practice and across the life span in state of the art facilities.
- Nursing courses in a nurturing Christian-based environment that respects the value and potential of each student.
- Use of technology in classroom and clinicals. All students are required to have a laptop computer.
An earned grade of C- or greater is required for all prerequisite courses. The recency of prerequisite courses will be evaluated on an individual, case-by-case basis.
- Anatomy w/ lab
- Physiology w/ lab
- Microbiology w/ lab
- General Chemistry w/ lab
- Organic/Bio Chemistry w/ lab
- General Psychology
- Developmental Psychology or Family Development Course
Additional Application Requirements for International Students
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in any field
- Minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA from all previous college courses.
- Completion of the Accelerated Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing program application
- 3 Professional References
- An approved background check
- On-campus interview may be requested
International students must have completed one academic year of coursework in the United States to be eligible for admission into the nursing program. All transcripts from institutions outside of the
U.S. must be translated into U.S. equivalencies through a
course-by-course transcript evaluation from World Education Services (www.wes.org
). An official course-by-course evaluation from World Education
Services must be submitted with the application. The Test of English as
a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for all applicants whose native
language is not English. We require a minimum TOEFL score of 537 paper (203 computer, 75 internet-based) or equivalent score on the IELTS
test of 6. Our TOEFL number is 6651-00. All expenses of the
transcript evaluation and the language test are to be covered by the
For all additional information please fill out an Information Request form or contact:
School of Nursing
University of Sioux Falls
1-605-331-6697 or 1-800-888-1047