Immerse yourself in care and compassion.
The Accelerated Nursing track is a 15-month, full-time program designed for students who already hold a bachelor's degree in another field and want to pursue a degree in nursing. It is an intense program with courses offered in a compressed time-frame. It includes a combination of classroom instruction and clinical experiences.
A new Accelerated Nursing class is admitted once a year and begins in January. The class completes the program in 15 months (spring of the following year).
- Extensive clinical experiences with patient contact beginning in the first semester
- Clinical experiences in all areas of nursing practice and across the life-span in state-of-the-art facilities
- Nursing courses in a nurturing, Christian-based environment that respects the value and potential of each student
- Use of simulation technology in classrooms and during clinical rotations. Students required to have a laptop computer
An earned grade of C- or greater is required for all prerequisite courses. The recency of prerequisite courses will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Anatomy with lab
- Physiology with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Chemistry with lab (2 levels of chemistry with lab)
- General Psychology
- Developmental Psychology or Family Development Course
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in any field
- Minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA from all previous college courses
- Minimum of 2.75 prerequisite GPA (courses listed above)
- Completion of the Accelerated Degree in Nursing application
- Three professional references
- Approved background check
- On-campus interview may be requested
Accelerated Nursing Application Process