Bachelor of Science in Nursing:
Highlights of 8-semester Program
- Extensive clinical experience with patient contact throughout the program.
- Clinical experiences in all areas of nursing practice and across the life span in state of the art facilities
- Nursing courses in a nurturing Christian-based environment that respects the value and potential of each student.
- Use of technology in classroom and clinicals. All students are required to have a laptop computer.
- Admission to University of Sioux Falls (must be admitted before applying to the nursing program.) Click here to go to the USF Online Admission's Application.
- Application to the Nursing Program, including written essay questions, as a part of the application
- 2 professional reference forms
- An approved background check
- Minimum cumulative high-school GPA of 2.75
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.75
- Preferred ACT Score of 22
- Minimum of 12 post-high school credits
- Minimum of one semester of college work post high-school before applying
- High school or introductory college-level biology
- Personal interview if requested
Attention High School Seniors - Early Admission Policy!
Students admitted to the University of Sioux Falls their freshman year may apply and be admitted to the nursing major at the same time if they meet the following criteria:
Successful completion (minimum grade of C-) of the four prerequisite courses and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 must be attained at the end of the first year, in order to enter the program fall of their second year.
Have a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.5
Have a minimum ACT score of 24
Required Prerequisite Courses
The following courses must be completed before full admission into the Nursing major:
- Human Anatomy w/ lab
- Human Physiology w/ lab
- General Chemistry w/ lab
- Organic or Biochemistry w/ lab
Supporting Courses in Addition to the Liberal Arts Core
There are required supporting courses in the nursing major. A minimum grade of “C-” is required in all the following required supporting courses:
Additional Application Requirements for International Students
- Microbiology w/ lab
- Human Nutrition
- General Psychology
- Human Growth and Development or Developmental Psychology
All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be translated into U.S. equivalencies through a course-by-course transcript evaluation from World Education Services (www.wes.org ). An official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services must be submitted with the application. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for all applicants whose native language is not English. We require a minimum TOEFL score of 537 paper (203 computer, 75 internet-based) or equivalent score on the IELTS test of 6. Our TOEFL number is 6651-00. All expenses of the transcript evaluation and the language test are to be covered by the applicant.
For more information, complete an Information Request or contact us:
School of Nursing
University of Sioux Falls
1-605-331-6697 or 1-800-888-1047