The online RN-to-BSN option is designed for registered nurses who have an associate's degree or diploma in nursing and want to complete requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. The curriculum for this track builds on previous nursing education and includes components that are not a part of a two-year program.
Online RN-to-BSN Admission Criteria:
Students will be admitted to the online RN-to-BSN program to begin nursing courses in the fall and spring semesters.
• Completed application (essay required within application)
• Two professional reference forms • Active, unencumbered RN license
• An approved background check
• Minimum post highschool cumulative GPA of 2.75
• Personal interview if requested
Online RN-to-BSN Curriculum:
A total of 124 credits are required to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
In order to determine how many credits you will need to complete the requirements for a bachelor’s degree in nursing, meeting with someone from the nursing department - either by phone, e-mail or in person - is advised. Call 605-331-6697 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
The length of time it will take you to complete the RN-to-BSN program will depend on the number of liberal studies courses you will need to take. However, the pace of completion of this program is flexible in response to your needs as a practicing registered nurse. You will be assigned a faculty advisor who will remain your advisor throughout the program.
Online RN-to-BSN Required Courses:
• NUR315 Pathways to Baccalaureate Nursing Education
• NUR221 Spiritual and Ethical Dimensions of Holistic Care
• NUR232 Cultural Dimensions of Holistic Care
• NUR321 Applied Pathophysiology I
• NUR322 Applied Pathophysiology II
• NUR354 Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
• NUR420 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
• NUR424 Public Health Nursing
• NUR451 Management, Leadership and Professional Issues
Additional Application Requirements for International Students
All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be translated into U.S. equivalencies through a course-by-course transcript evaluation from World Education Services (www.wes.org ). An official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services must be submitted with the application. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for all applicants whose native language is not English. We require a minimum TOEFL score of 537 paper (203 computer, 75 internet-based) or equivalent score on the IELTS test of 6. Our TOEFL number is 6651-00. All expenses of the transcript evaluation and the language test are to be covered by the applicant. For additional information, complete an Information Requestform or contact:
School of Nursing
University of Sioux Falls
1-605-331-6697 or 1-800-888-1047