RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN-to-BSN Online Track
Application and Instructions
The online RN-to-BSN program is designed for registered nurses who have an associate's degree or diploma in nursing and want to complete requirements for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The curriculum for this program builds on previous nursing education and includes components that are not part of two-year programs.
RN-to-BSN Admission Criteria:
Students are admitted to the online RN-to-BSN program to begin courses in the fall, spring or summer.
• Two professional reference forms
• Active, unencumbered RN license
• An approved background check
• Minimum post high school cumulative GPA of 2.75
• Personal interview if requested
A total of 124 credits is required to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
The length of time it will take you to complete the RN-to-BSN program will depend on the number of liberal studies courses you will need to take. However, the pace of completion of this program is flexible in response to your needs as a practicing registered nurse. You will be assigned a faculty advisor who will remain your advisor throughout the program.
RN-to-BSN Required Courses:
• NUR221 Spiritual and Ethical Dimensions of Holistic Care
• NUR232 Cultural Dimensions of Holistic Care
• NUR321 Applied Pathophysiology I
• NUR322 Applied Pathophysiology II
• NUR354 Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
• NUR420 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
• NUR424 Public Health Nursing
• NUR451 Management, Leadership and Professional Issues
International students must have completed one academic year of coursework in the United States to be eligible for admission into the nursing program. All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be translated into U.S. equivalencies through a course-by-course transcript evaluation from World Education Services (www.wes.org ). An official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services must be submitted with the application. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for all applicants whose native language is not English. We require a minimum TOEFL score of 537 paper (203 computer, 75 internet-based) or equivalent score on the IELTS test of 6. Our TOEFL number is 6651-00. All expenses of the transcript evaluation and the language test are to be covered by the applicant.
For more information, complete an Information Request or contact:
USF School of Nursing
(605) 331-6771 or 1-800-888-1047