Accelerated Nursing Financial Aid Steps
Five Steps to Financial Aid
As you go through these steps, don't hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or are unclear about any part of the process.
- Apply for admission and receive a letter of acceptance into The Accelerated Nursing Program at the University of Sioux Falls.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and have the results sent to USF (school code 003469). The FAFSA form must be renewed on an annual basis.
- Accelerated nursing students will need to file two (2) FAFSAs over the course of the program.
- Respond quickly to any information requests by the USF Financial Aid Office.
- The University of Sioux Falls may request additional information in order to verify the information on your FAFSA. You may be requested to submit official documents such as a Tax Transcript, provided by the IRS, or other certified information.
- The Accelerated Nursing Program is a cohort program where students follow a pre-established schedule of coursework. You are awarded financial aid based on your enrollment status.
- Students needing financial assistance to complete one of these programs have other financing options for semesters when federal loans are not available.
Students can apply for a private alternative bank loan or an interest free payment plan. See the Alternative Funding Sources page for further details on these options.