We will begin accepting applications for the January 2015 Accelerated Nursing Program after March 1, 2014.
Your application to the School of Nursing will also serve as your Application for Admission to the University of Sioux Falls.
2. Application to USF Accelerated Nursing Program
Complete the Accelerated Nursing Admission Application. Every field in the application is required. You may fill out the application online using Adobe Acrobat Reader or by hand. Print the form, sign it and date it.
3. Request for Official Transcripts
Request official transcript(s) from every college or university attended, to be sent directly to the School of Nursing at the University of Sioux Falls. An official transcript must be received in a sealed envelope and must contain the embossed seal of the college and the facsimile signature of the Registrar. Faxes are not considered official transcripts.
If you have been previously admitted to the University of Sioux Falls, you need only request official transcripts for transfer courses not already recorded on your University of Sioux Falls transcript.
Please respond to the following questions in a typed, double-spaced document in essay form with each response on a separate sheet of paper and 300-400 words per question.
- You will be a student in a very time-intensive program. Describe why you believe you will be a successful student in this program, including specific strengths and weaknesses you possess.
- Discuss one health care issue and what led to your knowledge and interest in this area.
- Describe some of your experiences that you believe will contribute to your success within the nursing profession, including life experiences, work experiences and community involvement.
This essay should be an example of your best writing ability. Criteria used for rating the essay will include:
- Clear expression of thought
- Grammar/sentence structure/spelling/overall appearance
- Thorough discussion of essay topics
5. Three Professional References
All applicants are required to supply three Professional Reference forms. Reference forms should be from an instructor, employer or a member of a helping profession – clergy, nurse, counselor, former college teacher (relatives and friends are not appropriate). Each form must be signed by the person giving the reference, placed in an envelope, and signed again across the sealed envelope flap.
Place your signed and dated application form, typed essays and three sealed and signed reference forms in one large envelope and mail to the following:
School of Nursing
University of Sioux Falls
1101 West 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Please feel free to contact the University of Sioux Falls School of Nursing at (605) 331-6697 or
if you may have any questions.