Accelerated Nursing Application Process
The USF School of Nursing begins a new Accelerated Nursing class each January.
- Applications are due July 15th.
- Applicants will be notified of admission status by September 15th.
- Apply for Admission
- Your application to the USF School of Nursing serves as your Application for Admission to the University of Sioux Falls.
- Complete Application
- Complete the Accelerated Nursing Application. Every field on the application is required. You may complete the application online using Adobe Acrobat Reader or by hand. Print the form, sign it and date it.
- Request Official Transcripts
Request official transcript(s) from every college or university you have attended to be sent directly to the USF School of Nursing. Official transcript(s) must be received in a sealed envelope and contain the embossed seal of the college or university and the facsimile signature of the Registrar. Faxed copies are not considered official.
If you have been previously admitted to the University of Sioux Falls, you need only request official transcripts for transfer courses not already recorded on your USF transcript.
- Write Essay
Respond to the following questions in essay form with a 300-400 word response per question typed and double spaced on a separate sheet of paper.
- You will be a student in a time-intensive program. Describe why you believe you will be a successful student in this program, including specific strengths and weaknesses you possess.
- Discuss one healthcare issue and what led to your knowledge and interest in this area.
- Describe some of your experiences that you believe will contribute to your success within the nursing profession, including life experiences, work experiences and community involvement.
Your essay responses should be an example of your best writing ability. Criteria used for rating the essays includes the following:
- Clear expression of thought
- Grammar/sentence structure/spelling/overall appearance
- Thorough discussion of essay topics
- Provide Three References
- All applicants are required to supply three Professional Reference Forms. Reference forms should be from an instructor and employer or a member of a helping profession – clergy members, nurses, counselors and former college teachers (relatives and friends are not appropriate). Each form must be signed by the person giving the reference, placed in an envelope and signed again across the sealed envelope flap.
- Submit Application Packet
Place your signed and dated application, typed essays and three sealed and signed reference forms in one large envelope and mail it to the following address:
USF School of Nursing
1101 W 22nd St
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Application Requirements for International Students
International students must have completed one academic year of coursework in the United States to be eligible for admission into the nursing program. For more information on international admission requirements, visit our International Admissions Website.