We are accepting applications for the January 2016 Accelerated Nursing class.
We have a rolling admission process for our next accelerated nursing class, which will begin on January 4, 2016. The preferred application deadline is July 15, 2015, and the final application deadline is October 15, 2015. The Admission Committee will review applications on two occasions: once after the July 15 deadline and once after the October 15 deadline.
Your application to the USF School of Nursing serves as your Application for Admission to the University of Sioux Falls.
2. Application for Accelerated Nursing Program
Complete the Accelerated Nursing Admission Application. Every field on the application is required. You may complete the application online using Adobe Acrobat Reader or by hand. Print the form, sign it and date it.
3. Request Official Transcripts
Request official transcript(s) from every college or university you have attended to be sent directly to the USF School of Nursing. Official transcript(s) must be received in a sealed envelope and contain the embossed seal of the college or university and the facsimile signature of the Registrar. Faxed copies are not considered official.
If you have been previously admitted to the University of Sioux Falls, you need only request official transcripts for transfer courses not already recorded on your USF transcript.
Please respond to the following questions in a typed, double-spaced document in essay form with each 300-400 word response per question on a separate sheet of paper.
- You will be a student in a very time-intensive program. Describe why you believe you will be a successful student in this program, including specific strengths and weaknesses you possess.
- Discuss one healthcare issue and what led to your knowledge and interest in this area.
- Describe some of your experiences that you believe will contribute to your success within the nursing profession, including life experiences, work experiences and community involvement.
This essay should be an example of your best writing ability. Criteria used for rating the essay will include:
- Clear expression of thought
- Grammar/sentence structure/spelling/overall appearance
- Thorough discussion of essay topics
5. Three Professional References
All applicants are required to supply three Professional Reference Forms. Reference forms should be from an instructor, employer or a member of a helping profession – clergy members, nurses, counselors and former college teachers (relatives and friends are not appropriate). Each form must be signed by the person giving the reference, placed in an envelope and signed again across the sealed envelope flap.
6. Submit Application Packet
Place your signed and dated application form, typed essay and three sealed and signed reference forms in one large envelope and mail to the following:
USF School of Nursing
1101 W 22nd St
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Contact the USF School of Nursing at (605) 331-6771 or
if you have questions.