Traditional Nursing Application Process
- Apply for Admission
- You must be admitted to the University of Sioux Falls prior to being accepted into the USF School of Nursing. Please complete the USF Application for Admission.
- Complete Application for the USF School of Nursing
- Complete the USF School of Nursing Traditional Nursing Admission Application. Every field on the application is required. You may fill out the application online using Adobe Acrobat Reader or by hand. Print the form, sign, and date it.
- Write Essay
Respond to the following questions in essay form with a 300-400 word response per question, typed and double spaced on a separate sheet of paper.
- You will be a student in a very competitive program. Describe why you believe you will be a successful student in this nursing program, including specific strengths and weaknesses you possess.
- Discuss one healthcare issue and what led to your knowledge and interest in this area.
- Describe some of your experiences that you believe will contribute to your success within the nursing profession, including life experiences, work experiences and community involvement.
Your responses should be an example of your best writing ability. Criteria used for rating the essays will include the following:
- Clear expression of thought
- Grammar/sentence structure/spelling/overall appearance
- Thorough discussion of essay topics
- Provide Two References
- All applicants are required to supply two Professional Reference Forms. Reference forms should be from an instructor, an employer or a member of a helping profession – clergy members, nurses, counselors or former college teachers (relatives and friends are not appropriate). Each form must be signed by the person giving the reference, placed in an envelope and signed again across the sealed envelope flap.
- Submit Application Packet
- Place your signed and dated application, typed essays and two sealed and signed reference forms in one large envelope and mail it to the following address:
USF School of Nursing
1101 W 22nd St
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Application Requirements for International Students
International students must have completed one academic year of coursework in the United States to be eligible for admission into the nursing program. For more information on international admission requirements, visit our International Admissions Website