Back to the 8-Semester Program Homepage
The application deadline for the fall 2014 8-Semester nursing program is February 15, 2014.
The application and reference form are available online.
You must be admitted to the University of Sioux Falls prior to being admitted into the University of Sioux Falls School of Nursing. Please click here for the University of Sioux Falls Application for Admission
2. Application for School of Nursing Admission
Fill out the online University of Sioux Falls School of Nursing 8-Semester Nursing Admission Application. Every field in the application is required. You may fill out the application online using Adobe Acrobat Reader or by hand. Print the form, sign and date it.
Please respond to the following questions in a typed, double-spaced document in essay form with each response on a separate sheet of paper and 300-400 words per question.
- You will be a student in a very competitive program. Describe why you believe you will be a successful student in this nursing program, including specific strengths and weaknesses you possess.
- Discuss one health care issue and what led to your knowledge and interest in this area.
- Describe some of your experiences that you believe will contribute to your success within the nursing profession, including life experiences, work experiences and community involvement.
This essay should be an example of your best writing ability. Criteria used for rating the essay will include:
- Clear expression of thought
- Grammar/sentence structure/spelling/overall appearance
- Thorough discussion of essay topics
4. Two Professional References
All applicants are required to supply two professional reference forms Reference forms should be from an instructor, employer or a member of a helping profession – clergy, nurse, counselor, former college teacher (relatives and friends are not appropriate). Each form must be signed by the person giving the reference, placed in an envelope, and signed again across the sealed envelope flap.
Place your signed and dated application form, typed essays and two sealed and signed reference forms in one large envelope and mail to the following:
School of Nursing
University of Sioux Falls
1101 West 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Please always feel free to contact the University of Sioux Falls School of Nursing at (605) 331-6697 or
if you may have any questions.