You must be admitted to the University of Sioux Falls prior to being accepted into the USF School of Nursing. Please complete the USF Application for Admission.
2. Application for School of Nursing Admission
Complete the online USF School of Nursing Traditional Nursing Admission Application. Every field on the application is required. You may fill out the application online using Adobe Acrobat Reader or by hand. Print the form, sign and date it.
Please respond to the following questions in a typed, double-spaced document in essay form with each 300-400 word response per question on a separate sheet of paper.
- You will be a student in a very competitive program. Describe why you believe you will be a successful student in this nursing program, including specific strengths and weaknesses you possess.
- Discuss one healthcare issue and what led to your knowledge and interest in this area.
- Describe some of your experiences that you believe will contribute to your success within the nursing profession, including life experiences, work experiences and community involvement.
This essay should be an example of your best writing ability. Criteria used for rating the essay will include:
- Clear expression of thought
- Grammar/sentence structure/spelling/overall appearance
- Thorough discussion of essay topics
4. Two Professional References
All applicants are required to supply two Professional Reference Forms. Reference forms should be from an instructor, employer or a member of a helping profession – clergy members, nurses, counselors or former college teachers (relatives and friends are not appropriate). Each form must be signed by the person giving the reference, placed in an envelope and signed again across the sealed envelope flap.
5. Submit Application Packet
Place your signed and dated application form, typed essay and two sealed and signed reference forms in one large envelope and mail to the following:
USF School of Nursing
Contact the USF School of Nursing at (605) 331-6771 or
if you have questions.
1101 W 22nd St
Sioux Falls, SD 57105