University of St. Thomas & University of Sioux Falls
Doctoral Program in Leadership
Initiated more than two decades ago, the Doctoral Program in Leadership is a practitioner-oriented, distinctive degree program that prides itself on braiding theory with real-life application. Here, you can apply everything from academic research findings to the brainstorms of cohort members to your organization’s critical issues and challenging situations.
- During your doctoral studies, you will learn the foundations of leadership by:
- Contributing to a culture of intellectual challenge and support within a community of learners.
- Deepening your understanding of leadership and organizational theory.
- Analyzing critical leadership issues related to equity, global interdependence, conflicting cultural values, and accelerating social and technological change.
- Examining ethical dimensions of policy and decision making.
- Utilizing research, critical analysis and imagination in planning, problem solving and evaluation.