The University of St. Thomas
in collaboration with
The University of Sioux Falls
Doctoral Program in Leadership
Initiated over 27 years ago, the Doctoral Program in Leadership (Ed.D.) is a practitioner-oriented, distinctive degree program that prides itself on braiding theory with real-life application. Here, you can apply everything from academic research findings to the brainstorms of cohort members to your organization’s critical issues and challenging situations.
During your doctoral studies, you will learn the foundations of leadership by:
- Contributing to a culture of intellectual challenge and support within a community of learners.
- Deepening your understanding of leadership and organizational theory.
- Analyzing critical leadership issues related to equity, global interdependence, conflicting cultural values, and accelerating social and technological change.
- Examining ethical dimensions of policy and decision making.
- Utilizing research, critical analysis and imagination in planning, problem solving and evaluation.
Sioux Falls Ed.D. Classes begin Fall of 2013
In collaboration with the University of Sioux Falls, the University of St. Thomas, has been offering the Doctorate in Leadership on the University of Sioux Falls campus since 2003. A new cohort is scheduled to begin in late fall of 2013.
Core, research and some theory classes are offered one Friday evening and all day Saturday one weekend a month in cohort. Collateral classes are individually determined and scheduled. This schedule allows students to complete class requirements in approximately three years and to begin the dissertation.
Download/View the tentative schedule.