About the MBA Program
The MBA program at the University of Sioux Falls is a broad-based, management program with an emphasis on practical application. The program is designed to meet the professional development needs of working adults.
MBA Program Goals
The goals of the MBA program include the following:
- Provide mastery of knowledge and competency in the MBA core and in a chosen concentration.
- Develop the strategic/critical thinking skills encompassing the ability to link data, knowledge and insight from within the business environment.
- Facilitate an understanding of the relationship between ethics, leadership and personal faith.
MBA students are expected to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Problem recognition
- Identification of optimal alternatives
- Use of primary and secondary data to support decision processes
- Strategic analysis and integration
- Application of quantitative methods to real-world business situations
- Effective communication to relevant stakeholders in written and oral forms, including one-on-one or business presentation situations
- Teamwork and collaboration
The University of Sioux Falls has been approved by the North Central Association (NCA) Higher Learning Commission to offer graduate programs leading to a Master of Business Administration degree. The undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the Vucurevich School of Business are also accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (iacbe.org).