FAQ for PBS TeacherLine Learners
1. How much is tuition for PBS TeacherLine courses?
The University of Sioux Falls (USF) graduate credit tuition is $97.50 per credit hour. PBS TeacherLine charges an additional fee for the course.
2. How do I register for PBS TeacherLine courses?
You can register for graduate credit only while the course is running. Thus, you must register with PBS first and then you can register for credit with USF.
3. Will I receive a letter grade for the credits?
Yes, credits earned through the USF for PBS TeacherLine courses are only evaluated on a letter grade basis.
4. When will the grades be posted to my transcript?
Please allow at least 10 business days for your grades to be posted to your transcript. USF will not mail a grade report to you; however, you can request a transcript free of charge.
5. How will my transcript record these PBS TeacherLine credits?
Your official transcript will say EDU549: Workshop, followed by the specific name of the course which you completed.
6. How do I get an official transcript from the University of Sioux Falls?
Complete the transcript request form and mail or fax to the Office of the Registrar. There is no charge for this service.
7. Will these credits qualify for teacher renewal and salary advancement?
USF recommends you check with your school district and/or state licensing agency to determine if these credits will meet your re-licensure and/or salary advancement requirements.
8. Is the University of Sioux Falls accredited?
Yes, the University of Sioux Falls, founded in 1883, is accredited by National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges & Schools.
9. Who do I address my graduate credit inquires?