MBA Frequently Asked Questions
- Why seek an MBA degree?
- An MBA degree is designed to provide working professionals the cutting-edge skills and knowledge they need to take on greater leadership responsibilities and thrive in today's complex business environment.
- What concentration options are available through USF's MBA program?
- There are four concentrations to choose from, including Business Innovation and Marketing, General Management (on-campus and online) and Healthcare Management. The faculty of the MBA program are academically and professional qualified in the disciplines they teach. The format of learning is relevant to real-world applications that encourage input and participation between faculty and students.
- I have an undergraduate degree in another area besides business, can I still be considered for the MBA program?
- Absolutely! Our MBA program was founded upon encouraging students from all disciplines to obtain an MBA degree. An MBA will provide the necessary understanding for success and advancement in many leadership capacities.
- What prerequisite courses are required for the MBA program?
- There are four content areas critical to success in the program. These classes are Accounting, Microeconomics, Business Finance and Statistics. The prerequisite courses can be taken through USF or another regionally-accredited school. Call us at 605-331-6680 to discuss options.
- Is the GMAT required for acceptance to the MBA program?
- While there are specific admission requirements for the MBA program, the GMAT or other graduate-entrance exams are not required. Instead, we consider previous academic work, past and current job responsibilities and personal and professional recommendations when making acceptance decisions.
- How much does the MBA program cost?
- The tuition for the program is $380 per credit; the total tuition cost is $13,680 (36 semester hours). Books and materials vary in cost, and financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- Will my employer pay for my education?
- Many major companies recognize the importance of higher education and have employee benefits for tuition available. In some companies, tuition reimbursement is based on length of employment and/or grades. If you are unsure whether your company offers tuition reimbursement, contact your human resources department.
- How long will it take to complete the program?
- The MBA program takes approximately 2 years to complete. The schedule is set up for students to take one class at a time, with a one-evening-per-week class commitment.
- How much time should I expect to spend studying outside of class?
- Study times vary from class to class and student to student. You can expect to spend approximately 10 to 15 hours a week outside of class, reading, working on class projects or writing papers.
- If I work full time and have a family, will I have time to complete an MBA?
- Most MBA students at USF have family commitments and are employed full time. To successfully complete your degree, may need to identify nonessential activities and temporarily modify your schedule. USF's graduate programs offer a flexible format compatible with other responsibilities at home, work, church and more.
- Where is the MBA office located?
- The MBA office is located in the Cleveland Professional Development Center on the University of Sioux Falls campus. The Cleveland Center is located at the corner of 26th Street and Prairie Avenue in Sioux Falls.
- How can I get additional information about MBA?
- There are several ways to find out more about the MBA program and the University of Sioux Falls.
- Go to the MBA portion of the USF website, www.usiouxfalls.edu/mba.
- Call the MBA office at (605)331-6680 or toll-free at 1-800-888-1047.