Transfer of Credit Policy

All transfer credit is reviewed and evaluated by the Registrar’s Office.  Students must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended following high school graduation.

The University of Sioux Falls places premium consideration on credits earned from regionally accredited institutions.  However, transfer coursework from other institutions that are endorsed through accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be considered on a case-by-case basis.

For all transferrable work, a student must have earned a grade of “D” or higher, or the applicable minimum grade required within specified undergraduate/graduate programs in order for it to count toward program requirements.

Transfer students must complete at least one half of the major and the last 30 semester hours in residence.

Community college graduates may receive a maximum of 64 semester hours to apply towards an undergraduate degree. Coursework and/or blanket credit electives may also be transferable from vocational technical institutions. In some cases, a completed two-year vocational program may be transferred in as 30 semester hours of elective credit or a complete one-year vocational program for 15 semester hours of elective credit.

Remedial coursework will not be accepted.