Simplify Your Transfer to USF
Does USF offer my major? Will they accept my courses? What online majors are offered? Am I eligible for financial aid? How long will it take? Where do I start?
Relax. We know you've got a lot of questions. That's why we've made the transfer process to USF easy.
Whether you're applying as a traditional undergraduate student or as an adult learner in our online RN-to-BSN or Accelerated Degree Completion Program, we're here to help you.
For many students who enroll here, the University of Sioux Falls is their first choice for college. We hope that's what you will decide too!
- Have you earned college credits and want to finish your degree? Review our majors and start the process by applying online for free.
- Scholarships are available for entering transfer students based on your college GPA. You must be a full-time student and have earned at least a 2.5 college GPA, and there's no separate scholarship application for you to complete. We will automatically consider you for a scholarship after you've been accepted.
- Financial Aid
- Financial Aid is available for transfer students. To receive federal financial aid, you must be accepted and enrolled in at least 6 credit hours each semester. To receive USF financial aid, you must be accepted and enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- Transferring Credits
- Transferring Credits from a four-year regionally accredited institution is easy. In fact, up to 64 credits may also be accepted from two-year regionally accredited institutions (e.g., STI, Lake Area Tech, Mitchell Tech and Western Dakota Tech).
Get Started with your undergraduate transfer to USF.
Accelerated Degree Completion Program
- Is DCP right for you?
- DCP requires at least two years of transferable college credits and/or non-traditional credits.
- What's Pre-DCP?
- If you don't have the required credit hours, you may apply as a pre-DCP student. We'll help you determine the courses you need to complete your requirements.
- What majors are offered?
- DCP offers four majors: Accounting, Business, Health Administration, and Social Work.
- Is DCP online?
- Our Business degree is offered on campus or fully online.
- What's the time commitment?
- Classes are held one evening per week.
- Do you have an RN license?
- If you have an associate's degree or diploma and are a Registered Nurse, our RN-to-BSN is for you.
- Is the RN-to-BSN online?
- Our RN-to-BSN is offered completely online.
- What's the curriculum?
- A total of 124 credits are required to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. Most students transfer in at least 64 credits, take 26 credits of upper-division coursework in the major and another 34 credits of liberal studies courses or electives, depending on their transferred coursework