Purple Briefcase is USF’s jobs and internships database where over 3,500 full- and part-time jobs, internships and careers are posted annually for students and alumni to access. It has powerful tools, and numerous ways for you to connect with students and alumni.
This modern and intuitive platform connects employers and USF talent—current students AND alumni—to fill full- and part-time job openings, competitive internships, and so much more. Students and alumni can upload their resumes and build a profile to showcase their capabilities, and employers can post jobs and internships, request on-campus interviews and recruitment times, register for career fairs, and so much more!
Create your FREE Purple Briefcase account today.
Instructions for Students and Alumni
Whether you are a first-year freshman, about to graduate, or already hold alumni status, Purple Briefcase is an important source for connecting, getting information on career-related events and career exploration tools. Most importantly Purple Briefcase is the main platform that University of Sioux Falls uses to post internships, job opportunities and other important career-related info. Students and alumni can upload their resumes and build a profile to showcase their capabilities and more! We encourage all students to visit the site and get familiar with the interface.
Here’s how to get started:
- Create your FREE account today. As a first time user, you will click on New User and select University of Sioux Falls from the pull down list, enter your name/email and click Find Me. If your account was already loaded from the preexisting system, your account profile information will display and you can immediately create a password. If the system does not immediately find you, you can still enter your information and create a pending account that the Thomas Kilian Academic Success Center will review and approve in a maximum of several business days. This allows us to ensure resources dedicated to this service benefit USF students and alumni.
- Once you’re verified, you have full access! Now you can browse all jobs and internships posted by employers directly to this USF database, upload your resume and build a profile to showcase your talent, access career exploration tools, find career-related events and much more.
Tips for Students and Alumni:
- All students can develop a visual profile that showcases work history, academic accolades and extracurricular information. You’ll still want to submit a resume, but this is another way to stand out and showcase your skills. Typically a full profile attracts more attention than an empty one. All of this is managed on the My Profile page of your Purple Briefcase account.
- Set up alerts for certain employers to receive notification when they’ve uploaded a job posting, are coming to campus for an event and more.
- Purple Briefcase places many career preparation and career development tools at your fingertips. Gain access to an extensive video library as well as forums for connecting to great career advice, Thomas Kilian Academic Success Center event postings that you can RSVP to, and most importantly, internship and job postings!
- Need help with a resume? USF Career Services is here to help. Our professional staff can help you build or update your resume and draft an eye-catching cover letter to help you put your best foot forward. You can also connect with the Thomas Kilian Academic Success Center to schedule appointments to learn more ways to prepare for internships and job opportunities.
Instructions for Employers
Purple Briefcase can help employers connect with USF students and alumni online, on campus and at your location. Browse student and alumni profiles and resumes, post jobs and internships, request on-campus interviews and recruitment times, register for career fairs, and so much more!
Here’s how to get started:
- Create your FREE account today.
- Connect with University of Sioux Falls. After you’ve created your account, navigate to the My Schools page. On that page you should scroll down to the Request Access section and select South Dakota. After all of the South Dakota schools load, scroll down until you see University of Sioux Falls and then click on the Request Connection button. Clicking this button will send USF Career Services a message that you want to connect. USF Career Services will need to verify and approve the connection, and will do so in a maximum of several business days.
- You’re set! Now you can post your first job or internship, browse our students’ profiles and resumes, request on-campus interviews or recruitment times, register for career fairs and other events, and so much more!
Tips for Employers:
- Build out your profile! Students can follow your company’s actions within the site, and a full profile attracts much more attention than an empty one. Don’t forget to upload your company’s logo. All of this is managed on the My Profile page of your Purple Briefcase account.
- After you’ve successfully connected with University of Sioux Falls, you’ll receive a confirmation email at the address associated with your account.
- When posting new jobs and internships, allow one or two business days for USF Career Services staff to verify the opportunity. To do this, be sure to set the status of the job or internship to Submit and then click Save at the bottom of the page when you are finished. This will submit the opportunity to our team, and we’ll review it and then set the status to Published for our entire community to see! This is typically a quick process and ensures quality opportunities are available through the platform.
- USF Career Services staff are available to help you locate opportunities to showcase your organization and maximize your recruitment.