Philosophy, Economics and Political Theory
Philosophy, Economics and Political Theory Degree at USF
Inspired by the motto of the University of Sioux Falls – Culture for Service – the Philosophy, Economics, and Political Theory major prepares students to effect positive change in an increasingly complex and interconnected world. Modeled after Oxford University’s Philosophy, Politics, and Economics course, this interdisciplinary major allows students to pursue a course of study in the related subjects of philosophy, economics, and political theory.
- Earn your bachelor's degree in Philosophy, Economics and Political Theory
Value of a Philosophy, Economics and Political Theory Degree at USF
The Philosophy, Economics and Political Theory major is for those students who want to understand the modern, integrated world of politics and commerce. In this major we explore not only the 'what?' but the 'why?' of political economy; not just the status of the present, but the history of how we got to now, and the opportunities to make positive change in the future. All students who take this major will find their understanding of the world enriched, but it will be especially valuable to those interested in careers in law, public policy and business.
Career options for students graduating with a Philosophy, Economics, and Political Theory major include, but are not limited to
- public service
- Demonstrate understanding of the macroeconomic and microeconomic theory, their evolution and their application
- Demonstrate greater appreciation for the history of philosophy and increased facility in identifying and evaluating the explicit and implicit judgments behind their own thoughts and the thoughts of others.
- Demonstrate understanding of political theory, its history and its application
- Integrate knowledge of political and economic theory with a broad view of what makes for a good human life and a just and prosperous society