Major in Theatre Studies at USF
Give yourself options with this versatile and accredited bachelor’s degree in Theatre Studies from the University of Sioux Falls (USF) in South Dakota. No matter your career plans, make strong communication skills and, yes, a talent for theatre your best assets.
Whether you’re speaking at a committee meeting or working on a stage, you’re performing. The same public presentation abilities apply. People need to understand you. They need to like you. They need to believe you. At USF, you’ll learn the top ways to present yourself and your ideas the best way possible – all with the values of a Christian university.
Theatre Studies Skills for the Real World
On our campus in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, you’ll study with USF’s amazing theatre faculty. Here you’ll enjoy all the benefits of a private, Christian university while gaining knowledge and skills valued in a variety of communication careers, theatre careers and other professions:
- Communicate and collaborate in any scenario at work, on the theatre stage or backstage.
- Connect with others in both professional and personal relationships.
- Grasp and use technical skills necessary for theatre.
- Bring your faith into new aspects of your life through service and performance.
Theatre Studies Stories
Communication Studies and Theatre
Communication Studies and Theatre
Careers for Theatre Studies Majors
Are you asking yourself, ''What are theatre majors’ job prospects?" or "What jobs can I get with a theatre degree?" Here’s your answer.
USF’s Theatre Studies graduates experienced 100% job placement last year. Individuals find success in these top career fields:
- Advertising—Media Planner, Benefits Administrator, Industrial Relations, Media Buyer
- Broadcasting and Journalism—Broadcast Service Manager, Television Director, Advertising Coordinator, Unit Manager, Publicity Manager
- Business—Management Recruiter, Sales Representative, Negotiator, Editor, Human Resources
- Education—Teaching, Graduate Study, Research
- Government/Politics—Program Coordinator, Research Specialist, Elected Official, Legislator
- Health Care—Medical Grants Writer, Research Analyst, Marketing Director, Health Care Administrator
- High Technology Industries—System Analyst, Language Specialist, Producer/Director, Technical Copywriter
- Law—Public Defender, District Attorney, Legal Researcher, Corporate Lawyer, Legal Reporter, Mediator
- Social and Human Services—Community Affairs Liaison, Religious Leader, Social Worker, Park Service
- Theatre/Performing Arts—Arts Administrator, Critic, Professor or Teacher, Performing Artist, Stage Manager
Theatre Studies Amenities and Opportunities at USF
Choose to earn your bachelor’s degree in Theatre Studies from USF, and you’ll have access to these great communication and theatre amenities and opportunities.
The USF Writing Center allows students to develop as writers and to benefit from the training and experience provided by the Writing Center staff. English majors also serve as paid tutors in the Writing Center.Learn More
Step into the spotlight. USF’s campus in Sioux Falls, S.D., features two theater spaces. Learn more.Learn More
Find a place to belong. Be part of the USF and Sioux Falls community through student organizations.Explore residential life
Put Culture for Service in action during your time on USF’s campus in Sioux Falls.Get started
No events found