Theatre Studies (B.A.)
In addition to meeting the liberal arts core requirements of the University, you must complete a minimum of 43 semester hours of study in Theatre Studies. With faculty guidance, each student may chart his or her own program of study to suit specific needs or goals. The student will also be required to participate in co-curricular experiences as they relate to their needs and goals.
REQUIRED MAJOR CORE
Complete the following courses.
- - Fundamentals of Communication (3 s.h.)
- - Introduction to Theatre (3 s.h.)
- - Introduction to Contemporary Drama (3 s.h.)
- - Acting I (3 s.h.)
- - Theatre History I (3 s.h.)
- - Theatre History II (3 s.h.)
- - Directing (3 s.h.)
- - Acting II (3 s.h.)
- - Playwriting (3 s.h.)
- - Senior Project (3 s.h.)
- - Introduction to Media and Visual Arts (3 s.h.)
- - Thinking about the Arts (3 s.h.)
PARTICIPATION IN THEATRE
Complete four semester hours of THS117 Participation in Theatre. *Theatre Scholarship holders are required to enroll in THS117 each semester they hold a scholarship.
- - Participation in Theatre (1 s.h.)
ELECTIVE(S) IN MAJOR
Complete three of the following courses.
- - Oral Interpretation of Literature (3 s.h.)
- - Fundamentals of Costume Design (3 s.h.)
- - Dance I (3 s.h.)
- - Advanced Acting (3 s.h.)
- - Special Topics in Theatre Studies (1-3 s.h.)
- - Shakespeare (3 s.h.)