Online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (RN-to-BSN) from USF
The University of Sioux Falls in South Dakota gives you the chance to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree online with the exception of a 30-hour clinical rotation that can be scheduled near your home. USF’s Online RN-to-BSN degree program is designed for registered nurses who have already earned an associate degree or diploma in nursing but want to earn their bachelor’s degree in nursing to meet their professional and personal goals.
USF understands that your educational goals and reasons for wanting an online nursing degree are different than traditional students or those not already working in the field of nursing. USF can help you do more than earn your nursing degree online. As a Christian university, USF brings Christian fellowship and faith-based learning to all our students, including those who choose to earn their degrees online.
Why Earn an Online Degree in Nursing?
As an RN, you already know the challenges in the modern healthcare workplace as well as opportunities available to nurses with bachelor’s degrees in nursing. USF’s online RN-to-BSN degree program is designed and offered with your specific career needs in mind. The answer to the question, "Why earn an online degree in nursing?" is pretty simple.
- The healthcare profession desperately needs more registered nurses with a four-year, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree.
- You’re busy, not just with work but likely family responsibilities as well, and an online degree program simply fits better into your hectic and ever-changing schedule.
Why Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) from USF?
When you take nursing classes through USF’s online RN-to-BSN degree program, you’ll study with mentors and nursing experts from USF’s service-focused nursing faculty. From these instructional leaders, you’ll learn to handle clinical and other challenges and to present your ideas and yourself in the best way possible in today’s complicated healthcare workplaces.
Earn your degree in nursing from University of Sioux Falls, and you will develop and improve these skills:
- Use evidence-based research and ethics in your daily nursing practice.
- Demonstrate clinical judgment by recognizing and interpreting important changes in clinical situations so that you can respond appropriately with recommendations for patient care.
- Practice interprofessional collaboration and communication with other members of the healthcare team.
- Commit yourself to lifelong learning so that you can respond and adapt to a changing and complicated healthcare delivery system.
- Apply your nursing knowledge in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Promote health, without bias, across the lifespan.
- Model and serve in the role of nurse leader within the profession.
You’re constantly juggling patient needs and outcomes, changing schedules, patient safety measures and emotional family scenarios. For that reason, you’ll find meaning and inspiration from USF’s foundation in the liberal arts and sciences as well as USF’s important role as a respected Christian University. Healthcare organizations of all sizes need nursing leaders with strong clinical knowledge and ethics. No matter what nursing challenge you face, you’ll always have the reputation of an accredited Christian university behind you.
Online Nursing Degree classes at USF
To earn your online nursing degree from USF, a total of 124 college credits are required to graduate with the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree program.
At least 21 of those credits must be taken through USF to establish "residency" as a USF student and graduate. In addition, 40 of the 124 credits must be earned from a four-year institution. Our admissions experts and nursing faculty members can help you assess your past college credits and transfer credits so that you know from the beginning how many nursing credits and which courses you need to take to earn your online nursing degree from USF.
Pathways to Baccalaureate Nursing Education
Cultural, Spiritual and Ethical Dimensions of Holistic Care
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
Applied Pathophysiology I
Public Health Nursing
Applied Pathophysiology II
Management, Leadership and Professional Issues
USF’s RN-to-BSN Program Admission Requirements
You are eligible to apply for USF’s RN-to-BSN degree program, if you meet the following criteria:
- Completed application (essay required with application)
- Three professional reference forms
- Active, unencumbered RN license
- An approved background check
- Minimum post high school cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Personal interview, if requested
*Students taking six or more credits may be eligible for financial aid while working on courses intended to meet the liberal art core requirements if taken prior to formal admission into the nursing program. An example of when this might be applicable is if a student is attempting to raise their GPA to gain admission into the RN-to-BSN program. If you are advised to do so, complete the Pre-Professional Nursing Application for Admission.