Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) at USF
You can obtain your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree by completing courses over an 8-semester period. That means you're just four years away from a career that gives back just as much as you put into it.
Reasons to Earn Your Nursing Degree at USF
Study the latest in evidence-based education when you earn your nursing degree from USF. On our campus in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, expect to see fellowship and servant leadership in action by USF’s nursing faculty. We believe your top choice for a nursing school is a private, Christian university like USF. Together, let’s build the best community of faith and service.
The demand for nurses will continue to rise for a number of reasons. That’s why you’ll do more than earn your nursing degree at USF. You’ll learn these important lessons for your life as a nurse:
- Actualize the Christian values of love, compassion and servant leadership in nursing practice and in life.
- Utilize the highest quality evidence within an ethical framework to guide patient care building on a foundation of the arts and sciences.
- Demonstrate clinical judgment to recognize salient changes in a clinical situation, to interpret the meaning of these changes, to respond appropriately and to reflect on the actions.
- Integrate interprofessional collaboration and communication into nursing practice.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in order to respond to a changing and complex healthcare delivery system.
- Apply nursing knowledge within different settings of increasing complexity.
- Promote health without bias across the lifespan.
- Model and appreciate the role of the nurse leader within the profession of nursing.
- Extensive clinical experience with patient contact throughout the program
- Clinical experiences in all areas of nursing practice and across the life-span in state-of-the-art facilities
- Nursing courses in a nurturing, Christian-based environment that respects the value and potential of each student
- Use of simulation technology in classroom and clinical rotations
School of Nursing Stories
Nursing Careers for Nursing School Graduates
USF’s nursing school graduates take top jobs in great careers and many go on to pursue advanced nursing degrees.
Working in hospitals, urgent care clinics, doctor’s offices, community clinics and management
Teaching new nurses at the post-secondary level or as a nursing staff development trainer in healthcare organizations
Nurse practitioner or family nurse practitioner
Working to provide primary care across the lifespan
Clinical nurse specialist (CNS)
Providing care at a specialized level, including neurology, cardiology, critical care and surgery
Certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)
Providing sedation and monitoring for both in-patient and out-patient procedures
More for Nursing Majors at USF
Learn more about the opportunities you’ll find at USF, beyond simply earning your bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center (ASC) staff provides students free support services. We'll connect you with resources that will empower you to achieve your goals, both academically and personally.Learn More
The USF Writing Center allows students to develop as writers and to benefit from the training and experience provided by the Writing Center staff. English majors also serve as paid tutors in the Writing Center.See details now.
Find a place to belong. Be part of the USF and Sioux Falls community through student organizations.Find fellowship.
Put Culture for Service in action during your time on USF’s campus in Sioux Falls.Get started.
No events found