Business Clubs and Organizations
Build Christian fellowship and your business network through one of the University of Sioux Falls’ Business Clubs – Coo Tycoons Investment Club, Phi Beta Lambda and/or the National Society of Leadership and Success. Join today!
Coo Tycoons Investment Club
- Are you interested in financial markets?
- Do you have investing savvy?
- Would you enjoy investing real money?
- Are you intrigued by the thought of deciding an investment strategy?
Consider joining Coo Tycoons Investment Club!
Coo Tycoons actively manages a portfolio of investments worth more than $280,000. The primary objective is to provide on an annual basis sufficient funds to cover a portion of the operating expenses of the USF Foundation Fund and also to fund a certain number of USF scholarships.
Learn about investing from other club members and various guest speakers.
Phi Beta Lambda
In today's highly competitive business environment, it takes more than just a business degree to succeed--it requires business shrewdness, leadership skills and technical knowledge. This is where Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) excels. By taking advantage of the many programs PBL offers, business students acquire the skills that will set them apart from the average business graduate.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Assist students in the establishment of career goals.
Members learn through participating in a variety of activities that help them build their abilities, while contributing to the improvement of their community, school and chapter.
Through active involvement in PBL, you will make connections to the business world and form networks and friendships that will last a lifetime. PBL will give you the opportunities, experiences and confidence to achieve your dreams. Join now and open the door to your future.
The National Society of Leadership and Success = Sigma Alpha Pi
The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) is the nation's largest leadership honor society in the United States. Members of the USF chapter are engaged in a leadership development program that helps them achieve personal growth and career success, and it empowers them to have a positive impact in their communities.
The leadership development program prepares students for leadership in academics and the workplace. The program involves participation in four activities:
- Orientation and leadership training day focuses on exploring challenges, recognizing strengths, identifying passions and setting up personal plans to initiate the changes needed to move forward as leaders.
- Success Networking Teams (SNT), consisting of small groups of students, meet throughout each semester to set individual goals and offer support to team members for achieving these goals. SNT meetings teach members the "soft skills" of leadership imperative to success in nearly any venture. Team members learn to work within a team framework, provide peer coaching, set and achieve goals along specific timelines and hold themselves and others accountable for results.
- Leadership speaker events are delivered live via the Internet to our campus. Nationally-known individuals deliver inspirational talks about their leadership and success journeys and how they turned their dreams into reality and found success in their lives.
- Campus social events and community service activities provide opportunities for students to be active on campus and in the community.
Upon completion of the leadership development program, members become fully inducted into the NSLS and may list their involvement on their resumes. They also become eligible for additional benefits and scholarships due to their membership status. Once membership is attained, it is a lifetime benefit and does not expire upon graduation from college.
To learn more about student organizations in the Vucurevich School of Business, contact email@example.com or 605-331-6680.