Service and Leadership Opportunities
We believe that student leadership development and service is a cornerstone in supporting our students to become engaged citizens. Student leadership and service involves cultivating a frame of mind for exploring self, others and community.
On-Campus Leadership Opportunities
There are many leadership opportunities for students on campus, including:
- Music Ensembles
- Resident Assistants
- Student Government
- Cougar Activities Board
- Orientation Leadership
- Student Admissions Ambassadors
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Campus Ministries
Places to Serve in the Sioux Falls Community
- The Banquet
- Kids Against Hunger
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lunch is Served
- South Dakota State Penitentiary
- Southeastern Behavioral Health
- Mentor Programs
- Assisted Living Centers
- Many more!
- Rosebud Indian Reservation
- Lower 9th Ward, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Denver Urban Semester
- Robin's Nest Children's Home, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Casas Por Cristo, Juarez, Mexico
- Many more!
Internships and Experiential Learning
Being located in the center of the largest city in South Dakota, there are many internship opportunities in the area. Check out Cougar Careers to see a list of internship and job offerings.