Steve Horan, M.B.A., CPA, CGMA
Assistant Professor, Business Administration / MBA Director
EDUCATION: D.B.A from Bellevue University, Bellevue, NE, M.B.A. from the University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, S.D. B.S. with majors in Accounting and Finance and a minor in Economics from Northern State University, Aberdeen, S.D.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Global Management Accountant, and a number of certificates relating to the insurance industry - FLMI, ACS, AIRC, ARA and AIAA.
EXPERIENCES: A career with an emphasis on financial reporting and analysis for a number of large insurance companies: Mutual of Omaha - Senior Accountant, CNA Surety – Senior Accountant, Midland National Life – Senior Accountant, Lloyd Companies – Chief Financial Officer, Cain Ellsworth and Company CPAs - accountant, Colorado Technical University - professor of business and accounting.
- D. B. A., Business Management, Bellevue University, 2023
- M.B.A., Business Management, University of Sioux Falls, 2002
- B.S., Accounting and Finance, Northern State University, 1989
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2002
- CGMA, Management Accounting, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Global Management Society, 2012
- FLMI, Insurance and Financial Services, Life Office Management Association, 2001
- BUS535 - Cost Management
- SPM305 -
- BUS405 - Investments
- ACC225 - Accounting I
- BUS305 -
- BUS427 - Strategic Management
- EDD 724 - Finance and Fundraising
- BUS554 - Financial Planning & Control
- BUS108 - Personal Financial Planning
- ACC332 - Financial Statement Analysis andReporting
- BUS417 - Financial Mngmt Applications
- ACC317 - Cost Accounting
South Dakota CPA Society
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Project Management Institute of South Dakota
Fellow, Life Management Institute
- Financial Reporting
- Business Strategy
Adjunct faculty management.