Jill Pitz, MSN, RN, FNP-BC
Assistant Professor, Nursing
Pitz is a native of Sioux City, Iowa who graduated from Augustana University with a B.A.N. in 2005, and a M.S.N from Briar Cliff University in 2014. She worked 10 years as a Registered Nurse at Sanford Medical Center in Pulmonary, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit. She received her Post-Master's Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner from Briar Cliff University in May 2019 and works part time as a Family Nurse Practitioner at South Dakota Urban Indian Health and Falls Community Health.
Pitz joined the nursing faculty in 2015 and is currently an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of Sioux Falls where she teaches a variety of courses including Medical Surgical Nursing, Gerentological Nursing, Public Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, and Senior Capstone. Her previous teaching experience includes being a formal and informal preceptor, as well as a clinical instructor and adjunct professor for the University of Sioux Falls School of Nursing.
Pitz lives in Brandon with her husband Brock and 3 children, Lizzy, Elly, & Caleb.
- B.S., Nursing, Augustana College, 2005
- M.S.N., Nursing Education, Briar Cliff University, 2014
- Post Master's Certificate in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, Briar Cliff University, 2019
- NUR 333 - Gerontological Nursing
- NUR 432 - Mental Health Nursing
- NUR 424 - Public Health Nursing
- NUR 431 - Nursing Capstone
- NUR342 - Medical Surgical Nursing
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Nurse Practitioner Association of South Dakota
National Alliance on Mental Illness
American Association of Nurse Practitioners
Scholarships and Creative Work
- Pitz, J. (2014). Predicting Student Success in an Associate of Science in Nursing Program; Briar Cliff University, Sioux City, Iowa.
- Condon, B.B., Grimsley, C., Knaack, L., Pitz, J., & Stehr, H. (July 2015). The Art of Service Learning. Nursing Science Quarterly, 28 (3), 195- 200.
Scholarship of Integration and Service
Registered Nurse in South Dakota and Minnesota
Certified Public Health Nurse in Minnesota
Sioux Falls Live Well Big Squeeze Taskforce
Hayward Thrive Taskforce
ATI Champion for USF Nursing Program
Formal Preceptor | Sanford Medical Center 2007-2015
Epic Super User (Electronic Health Record Trainer) | Sanford Medical Center 2011-2014
Volunteer in KATG (Kids at the Gate)| Church at the Gate
Served at the Banquet with Church at the Gate
Serve alongside students with the Center of Hope; Sioux Falls, SD
Volunteer in daughter’s classroom at Robert Bennis Elementary; Brandon, SD
Traditional Nursing Admissions Committee Member, 2017-Present
Nursing Faculty, Curriculum and Assessment Committees
Student Development Committee, 2018-Present
Committee for Liberal Arts Education, 2016-2018
Regular participation on Campus Visit Days, Recruiting, New Student Registration Days