Gretchen Hoffman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Psychology
- Ph.D., Counselor Education and Practice, University of South Dakota, 2004
- PSY403 - Psychology of Personality
- PSY233 - Stats for Behavioral Sciences
- PSY250 - Methods of Research
- PSY405 - Experimental Psychology**Designated Honors Course**
- PSY411 - Child Psychology
- PSY306 - Social Psychology
- SOC306 - Social Psychology
- PSY355 - Forensic Psychology
- PSY407 - Counseling
- PSY305 - Abnormal Psychology
- PSY390 - Psychology of Criminal Behavior
American Psychological Association / American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Personality Theory / Intelligence and Personality Assessment / Psychotherapy / Abnormal Psychology
Peer Reviewed Publications:
Hoffman, G. A., McLellan, J., Hoogendoorn, V., & Beck, A. W. (2018). Electroconvulsive therapy: The impact of a brief educational intervention on public knowledge and attitudes. International Quarterly of Community Health Education, 38(2), 129-136. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0272684X17749939
Hoffman, G. A., & Pietrzak, D. R. (2012). Nonclinical correlates of the MMPI-2 supplementary scales using the adjective check list. The International Journal of Educational and Psychological Assessment, 11(2), 77-107. Retrieved from https://proxy.usiouxfalls.edu:2083/docview/1269429935?accountid=28603
- Invited Presentations:
Jackson, S., Schuelke, N., & Hoffman, G. (2014).Finding your humanity in a dehumanizing world. Invited talk given at the University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, SD.
Hoffman, G., & Hoffman, D. (2011). Ian Barbour’s When Science Meets Religion: Enemies, Strangers, or Partners? A facilitated book discussion for the USF Forum for Conversations in Theology and Science, University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, SD.
Hoffman, G. (2009). Spirituality and the therapeutic encounter. Invited talk given at the University of Sioux Falls Forum for Conversations in Theology and Science, University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, SD.
State Refereed Presentations:
Hoffman, G. (2010, April). Spirituality and the therapeutic encounter. Content session presented at the South Dakota Counseling Association Annual Conference, Aberdeen, SD.
Pietrzak, D. & Hoffman, G. (2006, April). Screening for neurological impairments in mental health. Content session presented at the South Dakota Counseling Association Annual Conference, Pierre, SD.
Research in Progress:
Hoffman, G., & Pietrzak, D. (In Progress) Nonclinical Correlates of the MMPI-2 Restructured Clinical Scales Using the Adjective Check List.
Hoffman, G. (In Progress). Psychotherapy: An act of grace?