USF to celebrate commencement May 19
May 8, 2019
The University of Sioux Falls will confer 425 total degrees on Sunday, May 19 at the Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science. The graduate commencement ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. and undergraduate ceremony at 2:30 p.m.
This breaks down to 298 undergraduate students and 127 graduate students. Over the course of the institution’s 135-year history, this class ranks in the Top 5 in size.
Avera President & CEO Bob Sutton will give the commencement address at both ceremonies. Mr. Sutton’s leadership and experience in the rapidly growing and changing healthcare industry is timely and relevant as the industry is among the most vital to the economic health of our region and beyond.
Mr. Sutton’s wealth of professional and executive experience goes beyond healthcare field to include positions as President of the South Dakota Community Foundation, Executive Vice President for the South Dakota Bankers Association, Executive Director of both the South Dakota Petroleum Council and South Dakota Petroleum Marketers Association and Executive Director of the South Dakota Association of County Officials.
Sunday, May 19 Commencement details:
- Graduate Commencement: Ceremony at 10 a.m., doors open at 9 a.m. for seating.
- Undergraduate Commencement: Ceremony at 2:30 p.m., doors open at 1:30 p.m. for seating.
- Ceremonies will take place at the Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science, 301 S. Main Ave. No tickets required.
- To tune into the ceremonies via livestream, visit www.youtube.com/usiouxfalls 30 minutes prior to each ceremony.
Additional events listed below will celebrate the accomplishments of USF students this week.
- Johnson Graduate Leadership Forum: 4-6 p.m. Thursday, May 16, 2019, Z-Hall, Salsbury Science Center
- This event celebrates the research and accomplishments of the second group of students to complete USF’s 12-Month MBA Program.
- Nursing Pinning Ceremony: 10 a.m. Saturday, May, 18, 2019, Jeschke Fine Arts Center
- This ceremony honors all accelerated and traditional nursing students.
- Education Commissioning Ceremony: 11 a.m. Saturday, May, 18 2019, Z-Hall, Salsbury Science Center
- This ceremony celebrates the accomplishments of education students.
The Bridges English Language Program will also hold a Recognition Ceremony at 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 18, 2019, in Z-Hall of the Salsbury Science Center to celebrate the accomplishments of its enrollees.
The University of Sioux Falls reports that 99% of graduates from the undergraduate Class of 2018 secured employment or pursued graduate or professional studies within six months of graduation.
Learn more about graduation details.