Weather Announcement 2-21-23
Weather Announcement for 2-21-23
Due to the incoming winter storm, the University of Sioux Falls is announcing changes to on-ground/in-person classes and USF employees' workdays for Wednesday, February 22, and Thursday, February 23.
Students and Faculty:
- All classes will be held online on Wednesday and Thursday, February 22 and 23.
- Onground/in-person classes: These classes will not meet on-ground Wednesday & Thursday, but students must check class LMS and email for assignments or further communication from the professor for these courses.
- Online classes (undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral) will begin and be held as scheduled. The weather does not impact these classes.
- Should you have specific class questions, please contact the professor of your specific class.
- Residence halls are open as scheduled for all students who live on-campus.
- Stewart Center will be open 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for in-season practices and on-campus students who want to stay active on Wednesday and Thursday. ID’s are needed to gain entrance.
- Dining Services will remain open – please watch email and USF app for changes to serving schedule and additional changes.
- Joe Obermueller, VP for Academic Affairs, will email faculty about your classes and activities. Please watch for an important email from VP Obermueller.
- The USF campus will be closed for on-campus work both Wednesday and Thursday. Please remain off campus.
- USF campus will be closed for on-campus work both Wednesday and Thursday, please do not come to campus. All classes will be held online on Wednesday and Thursday, February 22 and 23.
- Campus Safety & Security and USF Facilities Services will be working to keep campus safe, parking lots and sidewalks clear.
- Timesheets have/will be populated as “Weather Days” by USF HR/Payroll.
- Should you have questions, contact Julie Gednalske at 605-376-2150 or Julie.Gednalske@usiouxfalls.edu or Marlene Quittem at Marlene.Quittem@usiouxfalls.edu. You may also contact your area VP or athletic director.
- All in-season student-athletes should connect with their coach for specific practice/game information. If you cannot reach your coach, please contact Pam Gohl, USF Athletic Director, at Pam.Gohl@usiouxfalls.edu.
- The Stewart Center will be open 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for in-season practices and on-campus students who want to stay active on Wednesday and Thursday. ID’s are needed to gain entry.
- The Athletic Complex and Bubble will remain closed both Wednesday and Thursday.
Please note: Clearing of sidewalks and parking lots will be worked on throughout the winter storm. See the separate email from Andrew Porteous, Director of Student Life and Housing, regarding snow removal. Your help in remaining off campus, if you do not live on campus or are not required to be here will help USF clear lots, building entries and sidewalks. We appreciate your help.
USF Campus Safety and Security will remain on campus 24/7/365 at 605-321-6400. Facilities Services (Maintenance, Grounds & Custodial) will also work on campus as the storm progresses.
Check your campus email for the most recent campus updates.