A Christian, liberal arts university educating students in the humanities, sciences and professions, the University of Sioux Falls' motto is Culture for Service and our mission is to foster academic excellence and the development of mature Christian persons for service to God and humankind in the world.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Total Areas of Study: More than 80 undergraduate academic programs, including majors, pre-professional programs, minors and specializations and adult and graduate offerings in business, degree completion, education and nursing, as well as the Center for Professional Development.
- Placement Rate: 98% of USF graduates find employment in their chosen fields within six months of graduation.
- Financial Aid: 100% of first-time, full-time freshmen receive academic, performance or need-based financial aid.
- Internships: 3,500+ positions are posted each year in Cougar Careers, USF's job and internship database.
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Enrollment: 1,530 total students from 36 states and 15 countries
- Male-to-female Undergraduate Ratio: 59% female, 41% male
- Number of Clubs, Activities and Organizations: 100+
- Denominations Represented: Lutheran, 16%; Baptist, 13%; Catholic, 10%; Methodist, 4%; Non-Denominational, 4%; Christian Reformed, 3%; Reformed, 2%; Presbyterian, 2%; Wesleyan, 2%; Assemblies of God, 1%; Evangelical, 1%; and Other/Unknown, 41%
Prime Location: Sioux Falls, population 166,700 and MSA population 232,879, is in the "Heart of America," and USF is in the "Heart of Sioux Falls."Conveniently located at the junction of Interstates 90 and 29, Sioux Falls is within a day's drive of most major Midwestern cities:
- Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minn. – 240 miles
- Chicago, Ill. – 560 miles
- Kansas City, Mo. – 180 miles
- Denver, Colo. – 650 miles
- Rapid City, S.D. – 350 miles
- Fargo, N.D. – 245 miles
- Main Campus: The USF Main Campus is a beautiful combination of lush green spaces, stately historic halls and innovative facilities with modern aesthetics and technology, all located on approximately 40 acres in a residential area.
- South Campus: The USF South Campus includes 100 acres situated four miles southeast of the main campus. It is home to the USF Sports Complex.
- Housing: Six residence halls offer students traditional, pod-style and apartment accommodations.
- Study Abroad: Study-abroad partner institutions include the following: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa; American College of Greece, DEREE in Athens, Greece; Handong Global University in Pohang, Korea; and Universidad del Este in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Students may also apply for international study in one of our 10 Council for Christian Colleges and Universities semester-abroad programs.
- Athletics: USF is a member of the NCAA Division II and competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference.
- Fine Arts: Students from every major participate in Instrumental and Vocal Music Ensembles and Theatre.
- USF Traditions: Academic Convocation, Tuesday Chapel Services, Dessert at USF Employees' Homes, Homecoming and Family Weekend, Cougaret Talent Show, Riding the Cougar, Christmas Chapel, Madrigal Dinners, Service Week, Late-Night Finals Breakfast, Undergraduate Research Conference and the Faculty and Student Lineup at Graduation...these are a sampling of time-honored Cougar traditions.