A Christian, liberal arts university educating students in the humanities, sciences and professions, the University of Sioux Falls' motto is Culture for Service and our mission is to foster academic excellence and the development of mature Christian persons for service to God and humankind in the world.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Total Areas of Study: More than 90 undergraduate academic programs, including majors, pre-professional programs, minors and specializations and adult and graduate offerings in business, education and nursing, as well as the Center for Professional Development.
- Placement Rate: 99% of USF graduates secure employment or pursue graduate or professional studies within six months of graduation.
- Financial Aid: 100% of first-time, full-time freshmen receive merit, performance or need-based financial aid.
- Internships: 2,500+ positions are posted each year in USF's job and internship database.
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 17:1
- Enrollment: 1,624 total students from 35 states and 12 countries
- Male-to-female Undergraduate Ratio: 64% female, 36% male
- Number of Clubs, Activities and Organizations: 100+
- Denominations Represented: Lutheran, 16%; Catholic, 9%; Baptist 7%; Methodist, 3%; Non-Denominational, 4%; Christian Reformed, 3%; Presbyterian, 1%; Wesleyan, 1%; Assemblies of God, 1%; and Other/Unknown, 55%
- Prime Location: Sioux Falls, population 183,793 and MSA population 265,653, is in the "Heart of America," and USF is in the "Heart of Sioux Falls."Conveniently located at the junction of Interstates 90 and 29, Sioux Falls is within a day's drive of most major Midwestern cities:
- Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN – 240 miles
- Chicago, IL – 560 miles
- Kansas City, MO – 360 miles
- Denver, CO – 650 miles
- Rapid City, SD – 350 miles
- Fargo, ND – 245 miles
- Omaha, NE - 180 miles
- Main Campus: The USF Main Campus is a beautiful combination of lush green spaces, stately historic halls and innovative facilities with modern aesthetics and technology, all located on approximately 40 acres in a residential area.
- South Campus: The USF South Campus includes 100 acres situated four miles southeast of the main campus. It is home to the USF Sports Complex.
- Housing: Six residence halls offer students traditional, pod-style and apartment accommodations.
- Athletics: USF is a member of the NCAA Division II and competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference.
- Fine Arts: Students from every major participate in Instrumental and Vocal Music Ensembles and Theatre.
- USF Traditions: Academic Convocation, Tuesday Chapel Services, Dessert at USF Employees' Homes, Homecoming and Family Weekend, Riding the Cougar, Thursday Night Worship, Christmas Chapel, Madrigal Dinners, Service Week, Late-Night Finals Breakfast, Undergraduate Research Conference and the Faculty and Student Lineup at Graduation...these are a sampling of time-honored Cougar traditions.