With a degree in Art from the University of Sioux Falls, you will be prepared for advanced study or immediate placement in a variety of careers that involve visual expression and creative synthesis. At USF, we offer our students preparation in graphic design, computer imaging, photography, printmaking, drawing and painting. In addition to meeting the liberal arts core requirements of the University, you must take 29 credits of Art courses and select a 12 credit concentration of Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Pre-art Therapy.
REQUIRED MAJOR CORE
Complete the following courses.
- - Drawing I (3 s.h.)
- - Introduction to Design (3 s.h.)
- - Introduction to Sculpture (3 s.h.)
- - Painting I (3 s.h.)
- - Art History: Prehistory-14th Century (3 s.h.)
- - Art History: 14th C. -Present (3 s.h.)
- - Communication Arts Colloquium (1 s.h.)
- - Art History: Twentieth Century (3 s.h.)
- - Senior Thesis (3 s.h.)
- - Service in the Arts (1 s.h.)
- - Electronic Media (3 s.h.)