Build faith, confidence and your resume.
Gain "hands-on" experience in the "real world" through internships. Each year more than 3,500 positions are posted in Cougar Careers, USF's job and internship database.
We will also help you:
- Select a major or career.
- Locate internships or employment.
- Write resumes and cover letters.
- Prepare for interviews.
- Apply to graduate school.
- Connect with employers.
- Build your brand by publishing a profile of your organization.
- Advertise your current internships, part-time jobs and full-time openings.
- Too busy to access Cougar Careers? Simply forward a job description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll advertise it for you on Cougar Careers.
- Attend career fairs. USF collaborates with area colleges to sponsor three job fairs each year, including the B.I.G. (Business, Industry and Government) Job Fair, Teacher Job Fair and Black Hills Regional Job Fair.
- Conduct on-campus interviews.
- Connect with a student organization.
- Host an information session or table. Showcase your organization over the noon hour in our student union.
At Your Location
- Offer information interviews, job shadows or externships. Join our database of professionals that provide students with career and industry information.
- Design a strong internship program. Tap the USF talent pool, increase your efficiency and strengthen your organization's brand through word-of-mouth advertising.
Take your career to the next level.
- Update your resume. Email your resume to email@example.com. We'll provide personalized feedback that will give you a competitive edge in the job market.
- Explore careers. Our staff will help you assess and explore your options. Learn more about Career Planning the Second Time Around.
- Search for advancement opportunities. Looking to move back to South Dakota? Obtain free assistance through the South Dakota Department of Labor.
- Apply to graduate school. Consider a graduate program at USF.
- Polish your interview skills. Contact us to arrange a mock interview.
- Enrich your network. Join our Alumni & Friends Group on LinkedIn.