Communication Studies and Theatre (B.A.)
In addition to meeting the liberal arts core requirements of the University, you must complete a minimum of 43 semester hours of study in Communication Studies and Theatre. With faculty guidance, each student may chart his or her own program of study to suit specific needs or goals. The student will also be required to participate in co-curricular experiences as they relate to their needs and goals. The student must complete the required core courses listed below and choose at least one concentration of 24 s.h. in Theatre Performance, Technical Theatre or Communication.
REQUIRED MAJOR CORE
Complete the following courses.
- - Fundamentals of Communication (3 s.h.)
- - Introduction to Theatre (3 s.h.)
- - Oral Interpretation of Lit (3 s.h.)
- - Theatre: Beginning Acting (3 s.h.)
- - Thinking about the Arts (3 s.h.)
- - Business & Profess Communication (3 s.h.)
- - Public Presentations (3 s.h.)
- - Senior Project (3 s.h.)
- - Service in the Arts (1 s.h.)
- - Leadership Foundations (3 s.h.)