Exercise Science (B.S.)
The health and fitness field is experiencing rapid growth to meet the needs of our society’s current and future health issues related to obesity and lack of physical activity. Both public and private sectors recognize the importance of hiring educated and certified health and fitness professionals to design and supervise exercise programs and educate and motivate people to improve their health behaviors. Thanks to an increased awareness of the many advantages associated with a healthy lifestyle, health and fitness programs are available through employers, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, wellness programs, fitness clubs, schools and churches. At USF, the Exercise Science program will prepare you to meet these challenges.
Exercise Science students must choose a Health and Performance, Pre-Professional or Community Health track as part of their degree. In addition to the University's liberal arts core, Exercise Science students must complete the following courses with a "C-" grade or better:
EXERCISE SCIENCE CORE
Complete the following courses.
- - Introduction to Exercise Science (3 s.h.)
- - First Aid/CPR (1 s.h.)
- - Care & Prevention Of Injuries (2 s.h.)
- - Nutrition (3 s.h.)
- - Anatomical Kinesiology (2 s.h.)
- - Exercise Physiology (4 s.h.)
- - Fitness Assessment Methods (3 s.h.)
- - Biomechanics (3 s.h.)
Psychology of Sport & Exercise
- - Psychology of Sport & Exercise (3 s.h.)
- - Exercise Prescription I (3 s.h.)
- - Internship (3-12 s.h.)
- - Human Physiology (4 s.h.) or
- - Anatomy and Physiology for the Exercise Professional (4 s.h.)
Complete two semesters of Senior Seminar and present at least once.
- - Senior Seminar (0-1 s.h.)
Complete Service Learning for at least one academic year, preferably completed in junior or senior year.
- - Service Learning - Mentoring (0-1 s.h.)