Careers in finance exist in nearly every enterprise. Traditional employment opportunities include working in commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies and real estate firms. With a minor in Finance, you will have a strong background in math, money management, research and data analysis, and you will be able to help organizations and individuals better utilize their resources. Students completing the Finance minor must complete the following four courses and then select two additional courses. (Note: Prerequisites apply to several courses. See catalog descriptions for details.)
REQUIRED MINOR CORE
Complete the following courses.
Financial Statement Analysis and Reporting
- - Financial Statement Analysis and Reporting (3 s.h.)
- - Investments (3 s.h.)
- - Financial Mngmt Applications (3 s.h.)
- - Financial Markets & Institutions (3 s.h.)
ELECTIVE(S) IN MINOR
Complete two of the following courses.
- - Individual Income Tax (3 s.h.)
- - Organizational Tax (3 s.h.)
- - Internship (1-4 s.h.)
Business Plan Development
- - Business Plan Development (3 s.h.)
- - Entrepreneurial Financing (3 s.h.)