Social Media Marketing
The Associate of Arts in Social Media Marketing degree blends multimedia, social media management, web design, digital analytics, and email marketing to prepare students for careers in marketing, public relations, and in any business needing social media promotion. The hands-on courses offer instruction in building ad campaigns, editing video, creating graphics, writing promotional copy, managing social media and web pages, reading audience analytics, and creating effective email campaigns. This degree is for business professionals who want to utilize the latest multimedia technology and students hoping to work in both large and small businesses that rely on social media for promotional purposes. It also provides a base for further study in the four-year media studies program.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will analyze and evaluate what social media is, explore the various channels, platforms and tools for implementation and the role they play in marketing strategies
- Students will develop marketing campaigns for various businesses or services by integrating marketing concepts, strategies, research and distribution principles
- Students will identify, define and apply appropriate analytics and metrics to a variety of platforms and marketing scenarios
- Students will learn current web applications and software, HTML, CSS and various processes for web design
- Students will recognize and utilize appropriate graphics, layouts, video and images for use on social media and websites
- Students will identify and apply the principles of e-marketing and retailing within the marketing function of a business
- Students will analyze and utilize email service providers to understand email automation, segmentation, template design strategy, dynamic content creation and increase subscribers
Want to know what it's really like to be a Cougar? Visit campus and discover for yourself USF's academic, spiritual and social community.Arrange a VisitApply Now
Request Information on this Program
All fields required.