Workforce and Career Studies
The Associate of Arts in Workforce Career Studies is an opportunity for those who desire academic growth and workforce advancement. Students will improve their written communication skills, oral presentation skills and computer skills, all while exploring coursework relevant to a career interest. Applicants whose first language is not English must pass a language proficiency exam prior to admission.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Students will be able to give effective professional presentations.
- Students will develop and apply technical skills using a range of digital tools.
- Students will demonstrate requisite computer skills necessary for employment in professional settings.
- Students will acquire knowledge and understanding of a career area through course selection in the Career-Path segment of the program.
- Students will deepen their understanding of U.S. cultural dynamics relevant to effective functioning in the professional work environment.