The USF Promise
Live Fully Engaged.
USF is dedicated to providing you with a profound, fully engaged, life-changing learning experience that will transform the way you think, live and serve the world.
Our four key commitments to you are:
You will work closely with and be intensely mentored by professors in your area of study. Our faculty will help you reach your full potential and challenge you to grow academically and spiritually. Here are a few examples of how our faculty support our students:
- Collaborate one-on-one with students on research projects.
- Connect students with top-notch internships and job opportunities.
- Foster a positive learning environment, where students can be fully engaged in classroom discussions. USF’s 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio promotes lively conversations.
- Offer advice and guidance to students regarding their future aspirations and goals. USF faculty are easily accessible and available to help answer some of life’s tough questions.
- Fellowship with students at small gatherings on campus or in faculty members’ homes.
Gift of serving
You will be exposed to serving opportunities that allow you to learn and grow in Christ. USF’s Culture for Service motto inspires students to impact the world for Christ and serve those in need. Students serve locally at places like The Banquet, Volunteers of America, Habitat for Humanity, Kids Against Hunger, mentor programs, churches, state penitentiary and Native American reservations. In the past few years, our students have taken international service trips to Jamaica, Colombia and Haiti.
You will be encouraged to explore passions, interests and ideas beyond the classroom. Through campus clubs and organizations, interim trips, music ensembles, USF’s Research Symposium, and so much more, you will have countless opportunities to pursue your callings. Recently, our students have participated in the following activities:
- Interim trips to Israel, Italy, Spain, Ireland and Hawaii
- Research opportunities with the Biomedical Research Infrastructure Network (BRIN) and Fulbright Student Program
- Popular student activities like USF Olympics, Humans vs. Zombies and USF Idol
- International choir tours
- Influential clubs and organizations on campus like Alpha Chi, Cougar Activities Board and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
You will gain strong leadership skills through internships, volunteerism, research, job shadowing and hands-on learning opportunities. When you graduate from USF, you will be prepared to land your dream job or gain entry into graduate school, but more importantly, you’ll become a lifelong learner and leave USF with a versatile skill set—including the tools to lead more effectively in whatever field you choose. In Sioux Falls, our graduates are leading and making a difference at the following organizations:
Top Sioux Falls Employers of USF Students
- Area school districts
- Area churches
- Avera McKennan Hospital and Avera Health
- Financial Institutions
- Sanford Health
- Social Work/Behavioral Health Institutions
- State of South Dakota