Jill E. Whitley, MBA, CMA, CPA
Associate Professor, Accounting
Jill Whitley majored in Business Administration in her undergraduate degree. Through various employers after college, she learned the value of accounting knowledge. After obtaining her MBA she began adjunct teaching at various local colleges including USF. She pursued the remaining accounting courses and experience necessary to sit for and pass the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) exam. After obtaining an Assistance Professor of Accounting position she continued studying and passed the Certified Management Accounting (CMA) exam.
In recent years she has completed many Doctorate of Business Administration in Accounting graduate courses. She also has a small accounting business and provides accounting and tax services to clients.
She is a life-long learner and loves to help students learn and develop in their chosen field of accounting.
Jill and her husband Max have 3 boys, 2 daughters-in-law, and 3 grandchildren. Her kids and grandkids do not live in Sioux Falls so she and her husband spend many weekends on the road.
- B.A., Business Administration, Sioux Falls College, 1985
- MBA, Business Administration, University of South Dakota, 1990
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), 1996
- CMA, Certified Management Accountant, Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), 2002
- ACC325 - Intermediate Accounting I
- ACC326 - Intermediate Accounting II
- ACC304 - Individual Income Tax
- ACC400 - Accounting Practicum
- ACC401 - Accounting Seminar
- ACC323 - Advanced Excel for Business App
- BUS323 - Advanced Excel for Business App
- ACC317 - Cost Accounting
- ACC425 - Advanced Accounting
- ACC225 - Accounting I
- ACC226 - Accounting II
- ACC250 - Computerized Accounting
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is the worldwide association of accountants and financial professionals in business. Founded in 1919, we are one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. https://www.imanet.org/about-ima?ssopc=1
South Dakota CPA Society
The South Dakota CPA Society (SDCPAS) is the voluntary membership organization of CPA certificate holders organized over 100 years ago to provide a variety of benefits and advocacy for CPAs across the state of South Dakota. The association sponsors excellent continuing professional education opportunities, committee and public service projects, insight on issues affecting the profession, and a host of other programs geared to enhancing the role CPAs play in all aspects of business and professional life. https://www.sdcpa.org/About-Us