Mike Grevlos, Ed.D.
Dr. Mike Grevlos is a Professor of Psychology at the University of Sioux Falls in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Although he has taught over 20 psychology courses in his teaching career, he currently focuses his teaching in the areas of motivation and emotion, sport and exercise psychology, and biological psychology. He has also worked as a motivation and performance consultant to athletes for the past 20 years. He has given several presentations on motivation to local companies and organizations, talked with golf teams, and presented his original work on sport expertise and athletic motivation to audiences of sport psychologists, motor learning experts, and Olympic coaches. Dr. Grevlos serves as a consultant to mental coaches and to PING GOLF in an initiative to incorporate psychological principles into the club fitting process. Dr. Grevlos is a member of the Association for Applied Sport Psychology and the Association for Psychological Science and is the author of The Motivation Game: A Course on the Psychology of Golf Improvement, which was a #1 New Release on Amazon in 2019 in Sport Psychology and Golf and has been on the Amazon Best Seller list in those two categories in 2019-2020. As an athlete, he was a record-setting collegiate baseball player and has won state championships in both baseball and golf.
- Ed.D., Educational Psychology: Motivation, Learning, and Cognition, University of South Dakota, 1997
- PSY 201 - General Psychology
- PSY 340 - Psychology of Sport & Exercise
- PSY 390 - Special Topics: Psychology & Christianity
- PSY 408 - Biological Psychology
- PSY 422 - Motivation & Emotion
Association for Applied Sport Psychology; Association for Psychological Science
- Motivation; Sport Psychology; Sport Expertise; Motivation and Performance Coaching
Dissertation: A Comparison of the Skill Training Conditions of Expert and Intermediate Female Golfers
Scholarships and Creative Work
- The Motivation Game: A Course on The Psychology of Golf Improvement
- Short-Game Motivation in the The Lost Art of the Short Game by Karl Morris and Gary Nichol.
- What is Motivation, Really? Creative Energy, LLC Sioux Falls, SD
- Motivation and Employee Well-Being; South Dakota Leadership Academy; Mitchell, SD
Association for Applied Sport Psychology
Social Psychology Committee; Reviewer of Conference Presentations
International Sport Coaching Journal
Sioux Falls Civil Service Board