Associate Professor, Psychology
Dr. Andrew Beck is an Assistant Professor of Psychology and has been at the University of Sioux Falls since 2017. Dr. Beck received his B.A. in Psychology from the University of Sioux Falls, and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Human Factors Psychology from the University of South Dakota. He routinely teaches undergraduate courses in statistics and data analysis, research methodology, cognitive psychology, and learning and behavior. He also teaches a graduate course in research methodology as part of the Doctorate in Leadership (Ed.D.) graduate program.
- B.A., Psychology, University of Sioux Falls, 2010
- M.A., Human Factors Psychology, University of South Dakota, 2016
- Ph.D., Human Factors Psychology, University of South Dakota, 2021
- SDV100 - The USF Experience
- PSY201 - General Psychology
- PSY233 - Statistics for BehavioralSciences
- PSY250 - Methods of Research
- PSY341 - Learning and Behavior
- PSY405 - Experimental Psychology
- PSY431 - Cognitive Psychology
- EDD718 - Research Methodology
- EDD750 - Dissertation in Practice 2
American Psychological Association
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Aging; Surface Transportation; Research Methodology and Experimental Design; Statistics and Data Analysis
Hoffman, G. A., McLellan, J., Hoogendoorn, V., & Beck, A. W. (2018). Electroconvulsive therapy: The impact of a brief educational intervention on public knowledge and attitudes. International Quarterly of Community Health Education, 38(2), 129-136.
Roberts, E. & Beck, A. (2017). Management and training programs of military drone small unmanned aircraft systems. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomic Society, 61, 1131-1135.
Schieber, F., Limrick, K., McCall, R., & Beck, A. (2014). Evaluation of the visual demand of digital billboards using a hybrid driving simulator. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 58, 2214-2218.