Assistant Professor of Education
Brooke Murphy serves as an Assistant Professor and the Director of Field Experiences in the Fredrikson School of Education at the University of Sioux Falls, in both the undergraduate and graduate programs focused on teacher preparation.
Prior to teaching at the University of Sioux Falls, Brooke worked in education, healthcare, and athletics. In healthcare, Brooke focused on programming, curriculum and personnel development for a large healthcare ministry. In education, she taught learners from elementary-aged students to adults, and throughout those stages taught English, Spanish, literacy skills, and how to maintain peace, courage, perspective and a sense of mission in daily work. She has spent time teaching in both traditional and customized learning environments. Brooke coached soccer at the University of South Dakota as a graduate assistant and interim head coach.
- B.S., English, Spanish Education, University of South Dakota, 2008
- M.A., Health, Physical Education & Recreation (emphasis in Athletic Administration), University of South Dakota, 2009
- Ed.D., Curriculum and Instruction, University of South Dakota, 2019
- EDU323 - Literacy: Early ReadingInstruction
- EDU410 - Foundations of Middle School
- EDU555 - Research & Instructional Management
- EDU587 - Technology Planning & Implementation
- EDU406 - Teacher Residency: Elementary
- EDU414 - Teacher Residency: K-12
- EDU412 - Teacher Residency: Secondary
- SED416 - Teacher Residency: K-12 SpecialEducation
- EDU556 - Secondary Student Teaching: K-12 or Secondary
- EDU523 - Curriculum Development & Design: K-12 Internship
- Teacher Education
- Early Literacy
- Personalized Learning
- Curriculum Development
Scholarships and Creative Work
- Presented on 25 occasions to leader groups and teams in the Avera System.
Children's Ministry Volunteer
Brooke serves as a sub for the children's ministry at Embrace Church.
University of South Dakota Foundation Trustee
University of South Dakota Alumni Association Board of Directors
Program Enhancement Committee Chair
Brooke served as a committee member at the Caroll Institute from 2011-2017 and on the executive committee from 2016-2017.