Beth L. Jernberg, Ed.D.
Dr. Beth Jernberg received her bachelor's degree in HPE and English in 1974 from USF, then called Sioux Falls College. She taught and coached in Ellsworth, Minn., while completing her master's degree at the University of Northern Colorado. Then she taught for one year at Minot State University before returning to the University of Sioux Falls in 1979 as an instructor and head coach for basketball and softball. Dr. Jernberg completed her doctoral degrees at the University of Northern Colorado.
Dr. Jernberg retired from USF in 2018 and was granted Faculty Emeritus status. She was presented with the A.O. Larson Distinguished Alumni Award.
Dr. Jernberg served as chair of the Fredrikson School of Education and directed the education graduate program. While in that position, she led efforts for the first national accreditation of the graduate program by NCATE. She has also spent a sabbatical semester living with a family in Costa Rica, learning Spanish. Dr. Jernberg served in the administration of the university from 1996-2003 as Vice President for Enrollment Services/Dean of Students and later as Dean of Faculty Development and Assessment. She then returned to full-time faculty status within the Fredrikson School of Education. In 2013, Dr. Jernberg had the opportunity for a sabbatical semester in full-time service with a local elementary school.
Dr. Jernberg has been a member of the Peer Review Corps for the Higher Learning Commission. She has served as a team member, and, more recently, team chair, and was recognized by the HLC for 25 years of service. She has also served on the Institutional Actions Council and serves as a Federal Compliance Reviewer for the Commission.
- B.A., English and Health/Physical Education, University of Sioux Falls, 1974
- M.A., Health, University of Northern Colorado, 1977
- Ed.D., Physiological Kinesiology, University of Northern Colorado, 1986
- HPE225 - K-8 Movement Integration
- EDU506 - Foundations of Education
- EDU585 - Research Methods
- LAR111 - Writing and Intellectual Trad I
- LAR112 - Writing and Intellectual Trad II
- EDU588 - Practicum: Qualitative Inquiryin Literacy Learning
- EDU650 - Educational Statistics
- EDU555 - Research & Instructional Mngmnt
- EDU405 - Instructional Management
- EDU 501 - Professional and Ethical Leadership
- AHE 524 - Quality Assurance
- Education Issues / Research Methodology / Faculty Development / Assessment / Accreditation
Scholarships and Creative Work
- 1991 NCATE/DOE Institutional Report
- 1992 NCA Institutional Report
- 1997 NCATE/DOE Report
- 2002 Higher Learning Commission Report
- 2012 Higher Learning Commission Report
- 2016 CAEP Reaccreditation Report
Volunteer Educational Assistant at Lowell Elementary
Volunteered for a full semester as an Education Assistant during a recent sabbatical.
Volunteer Educational Assistant at Harvey Dunn Elementary
Friday volunteer work in an elementary school, 2008-2012
Therapy Dog Volunteer with Kayle and Kasey (my Bernese Mountain dogs)
Serve at Lowell Elementary School weekly. The first graders read to the dogs.
State Reviewer for the Accreditation of Dakota State University in 2017
Accreditation Visit in October 2017