Assistant Professor, Special Education
Jamie Juhl serves as an Assistant Professor of Special Education in the Fredrickson School of Education at the University of Sioux Falls, teaching both undergraduate and graduate-level courses.
Prior to teaching at the University of Sioux Falls, Mrs. Juhl worked in both Education and Athletics. She has 10 years of K-12 educational experiences serving in a variety of roles including head volleyball coach, assistant volleyball coach, kindergarten teacher, K-4 special education teacher, 7-12 special education teacher, 3rd-grade teacher, K-12 Special Education Coordinator (SEAT) and prom advisor.
Professor Juhl graduated with a B.A. in both Elementary Education and Special Education from Boise State University in 2009. Following a student teaching residency at ANSER Public Charter School, Mrs. Juhl accepted a position as a kindergarten teacher in the morning and a K-4 special education teacher in the afternoon at ANSER. During her time at ANSER, she also was the assistant varsity volleyball coach at a neighboring high school, Capital High, located in Boise Idaho.
In 2011, Mrs. Juhl moved across the country, back home, to Pipestone, MN to be closer to her family. While in Pipestone, Mrs. Juhl accepted a 3rd-grade teaching position for a year and then followed her true passion back to the special education classroom the following school year. When she relocated to the High School in Pipestone, Jamie accepted the position of Head Volleyball Coach for the Arrows.
During the 2017-2019 school years, Mrs. Juhl completed her M.A. in Special Education from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. In 2019, Mrs. Juhl relocated to Sioux Falls, SD and is currently teaching at the University of Sioux Falls.
- B.A., Special Education/Elementary Education, Boise State University, 2009
- M.A., Special Education, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, 2019
- SED220 - Intro to Cognitive, Learning andEmotional/Behavior Disabilities
- EDU202 - Exceptional Students
- EDU515 - Exceptional Students
- SED340 - Strategic Instruction for Students with Cognitive Disabilites
- SED402 - Topics in Secondary Special Education
- SED342 - Strategic Instuction for Learning and Emotional/Behavior Disabil
- SED322 - Assessment in Special Education
- SED404 - Classroom Interventions forExceptional Students
Council For Exceptional Children
SD Council for Exceptional Children
Yes I Can Allocation
Council for Educational Diagnostic Services
Council of Administrators for Special Education
Council of Administrators of Special Education
A Division of The Council for Exceptional Children
- Special Education/Teacher Education
- Curriculum Development for Students with Exceptional Needs
Thesis Completed May 2019
The Effects of Implementing Cognitive Reading Interventions with Middle School Students
Scholarships and Creative Work
- Presentation for SWWC (Southwest West Central Service Cooperative): Overcoming the Obstacle of Differentiating Student Work. 1420 E College Dr # 800, Marshall, MN 56258
- Presentation for Pipestone Area School District: The Process of Special Education 1401 7th St SW, Pipestone, MN 56164
- Presented for Boise State University to the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) on an AIMSWEB Portfolio Portfolio was personally created and researched on throughout a year long residency at ANSER Charter School, located in Boise Idaho. 1910 W University Dr, Boise, ID 83725
- MREA 2019 Annual Conference: "Relating With Students Now" November 17-19, 2019 Cragun's Resort, Brainerd, MN 50 Minute Presentation: Cultivate Amazing Connections with Students
- 2020 Educators Rising State Conference Title: Special Education Teachers are Super Hero's
- 2020 State of South Dakota Special Education Conference Title: Empowering Exceptional Children through Student-Led Planning
Community Volunteer Organization in Pipestone Minnesota.
The Jaycee Creed
That faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
That the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations;
That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
That government should be of laws rather than of men;
That earth’s great treasure lies in human personality;
And that service to humanity is the best work of life.
Boise State Alumni Association
Assisting in raising money to create scholarships for student-athletes
Mission Haiti Foundation