Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II
HEERF II Funding
- The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), signed into law by President Donald Trump on December 27, 2020. Within the provisions of this legislation, the University of Sioux Falls will receive funds from the US Department of Education, to award financial grants to students.
- Grant funds are intended to ensure learning continues for students, and may be used for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus.
HEERF II Eligibility
- USF is awarding block grants to full-time undergraduate students enrolled for spring 2021. Students must complete a 2020-21 FAFSA in order to qualify.
- USF is prioritizing students with exceptional financial need. Funding will be based on housing status as well as a student’s Expected Financial Contribution (EFC) as determined by the 20-21 FAFSA.
- Pell Eligible on-campus students: $900
- Pell Eligible off-campus students: $800
- EFC Range 5712-15000: $600
- EFC Range 15001-27000: $400
- EFC Range 27000 and above: $200
- Students may receive their disbursement via check or may submit an electronic authorization to have their disbursement applied to any outstanding account balance.