A new look for a longstanding identity
On September 8, 2022, the University of Sioux Falls celebrated its 139 year anniversary with the unveiling of a new visual brand that celebrates the institution’s rich Christian liberal arts history. For 139 years, the University of Sioux Falls has been graduating highly qualified employees into diverse industries including healthcare, education, business, finance, technology, social work, the arts and more.
USF’s new look visually reflects how the institution’s current academic programs are continually being adapted and revised for relevance; how new programs such as USF’s Doctorate in Leadership and even associate degrees are being created to be on the front edge of change making; and how delivery formats are evolving to reach today’s learners where they’re at.
As the landscape of higher education is rapidly changing, the new look reflects a modern approach to upholding the 139-year-old institution’s longstanding mission, vision and traditional motto of Culture for Service, that is, to seek to foster academic excellence and the development of mature Christian persons for service to God and humankind in the world.
The Difference Is Here campaign
To roll out the institution’s new logo, a new undergraduate campaign called The Difference Is Here has been launched. The Difference Is Here is rooted directly in the over 400 pages of survey feedback received from alumni and friends, faculty and staff, current students and prospective students and families who took part in the process. Over and over again, ‘there’s just something different about USF’ arose.
The Difference Is Here embodies the evolution of our previous logo to a fresh new logo unveiled in 2022. The logo represents a more modern approach, streamlined processes and a fresh vision for the future, but retains our core Christian values.
On a deeper level, it exemplifies USF’s location, our community, our programs, our culture, our affordability, our experience and our faculty/staff:
- Affordability - USF is the most affordable private Christian university in the region. USF offers no hidden fees while maintaining its dedication to a well-rounded, whole-hearted education.
- Sioux Falls - The Difference in Here allows us to speak directly to the advantage of our Sioux Falls location; the economic powerhouse of the South Dakota and the heart of the region.
- Meaningful academics - At USF, faculty care beyond the classroom and encourage development of the whole person. Personal relationships are important; faculty invite students into their lives; coaches host "family" dinners with their athletes; and staff members go on mission trips alongside students.
- Culture for Service - USF students are taught to look for and create ways to step outside themselves and give back to serve the community.
- Christ-centered community - We are a distinctively Christian university that places faith at the center of everything we do. We welcome people from every walk of life and encourage to all to learn and grow from and with one another.
Today’s students want to feel a difference, be a difference and make a difference. Experiencing the USF difference makes our students stand out.
Resources for Staff and Faculty
Brand tools such as high-resolution versions of USF’s new logos, email signatures, PowerPoint templates and electronic letterhead can be found by logging into MyUSF, navigating to the Employee Info tab and then the Brand Tools link in the left-hand menu. Please contact email@example.com with questions.