The coaching concentration is intended to provide a theoretical and practical foundation for students interested in coaching in a school, club or recreational setting. The coaching concentration does not fulfill the degree requirements for any major at USF. It is intended to enhance students' resumes and employability. Students can pursue the coaching concentration in combination with any major. Each state and sport organization establishes its own specific coaching endorsement criteria, which may differ from this program. Therefore, students should investigate individual state and organizational requirements.
REQUIRED CONCENTRTN CORE
Complete the following courses.
- - First Aid/CPR (1 s.h.)
- - Care & Prevention Of Injuries (2 s.h.)
- - Ethical Issues in Sports (3 s.h.)
- - Science of Coaching (3 s.h.)
- - Psychology of Sport & Exercise (3 s.h.)
- - Practicum in Sport (2 s.h.)