Earn your Psychology degree at USF
Since nearly every college or university offers a psychology major, give yourself the advantage of an accredited and Christian liberal arts bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Sioux Falls (USF) in South Dakota.
USF doesn’t just offer a Psychology degree. We also teach you to provide leadership in your community. We help you transform your Psychology studies into a career that can transform the lives of others.
Whether you want to do clinical work with individuals or groups or work in organizational settings, a degree in Psychology from USF gives you the tools to start your Psychology career after graduation or to compete for top spots in graduate Psychology programs. Careers in Psychology and mental health fields require empathy, leadership and spiritual maturity. At USF, you’ll learn these transformational Christian values, plus the best ways to step into these important roles with confidence in yourself and your ability to live and work in alignment with your faith. These are talents you can only grow at a Christian university like USF, where people of all faiths are welcome.
Reasons to Earn Your Psychology Degree from USF
Our world needs help from people like you. If you feel God calling you to work in Psychology, then we’ll show you how to integrate your Christian faith into your education and your Psychology career.
Earn your Psychology degree on our campus in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Choose to study with USF’s Psychology faculty who are servant leaders in a variety of Psychology concentrations. Choose USF for all the benefits of a private, Christian university while gaining knowledge and skills valued in a variety of Psychology careers.
- Understand yourself, others and the relationship between Psychology and faith in God
- Pursue the scientific study of behavior, with particular attention to the cognitive processes
- Study an empirical, research-focused approach to find answers (not speculation) to how and why people behave as they do
- Apply Psychology research to address problems people face in everyday life
Psychology Degree Concentrations
Major in Psychology at USF, and you’ll build a foundation for your future. It all starts when you customize your bachelor’s degree program to your goals. Your Psychology degree options include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, with a concentration in applied science
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, with a concentration in mental health
- Minor in Psychology, in addition to your major of choice
At USF, you’ll complete liberal arts core course requirements, as well as Psychology core courses, before moving on to the Psychology classes required for your concentration. This gives you the chance to explore your options before choosing a concentration
Professor of Psychology
Careers for Psychology Majors
Are you asking yourself, "What can I do with a Psychology degree?"
USF’s Psychology graduates go on to top graduate programs in Psychology, including Arizona State, Naropa University and UCLA. In addition, USF’s Psychology graduates find success in top career fields:
- Clinical, Counseling and School Psychologist
- Community and Social Service Specialist
- Drug and Alcohol Counselor
- Guidance and School Counselor
- Human Resource Specialist
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologist
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Medical Scientist (incl. Neuroscientist)
- Mental Health Counselor
- Occupational Therapist
- Police and Sheriff’s Patrol Officer
- Probation Officer and Correctional Treatment Specialist
- Psychology Teacher, Postsecondary
- Sales Representative
- Sports Psychologist
Psychology at USF
Choose to earn your bachelor’s degree in Psychology from USF, and you’ll have access to these additional opportunities.
The USF Writing Center allows students to develop as writers and to benefit from the training and experience provided by the Writing Center staff. English majors also serve as paid tutors in the Writing Center.See details now
USF maintains strong relationships with a variety of mental health and community service organizations in Sioux Falls and throughout South Dakota.See the full list
Find a place to belong. Be part of the USF and Sioux Falls community through student organizations.Explore residential life
Put Culture for Service in action during your time on USF’s campus in Sioux Falls.Get started