The coursework for this minor provides extended preparation for teaching English learners, including practicum experience, for a total of 24 semester credits. For education majors, completion of this minor fulfills requirements for the English as a New Language (ENL) endorsement from the South Dakota Department of Education. This endorsement may be added to any education certification (Elementary, K-12 or Secondary).
To view a Four Year Sample Degree Plan, click below:
REQUIRED MINOR CORE
Complete the following courses.
- - English Learner Foundations (3 s.h.)
- - Human Relations (3 s.h.)
- - Language Development (3 s.h.)
- - Content Literacy for EL & Strugg ling Readers (3 s.h.)
- - Developmental & Educational Psychology (3 s.h.)
- - Content Practicum for EL and Struggling Readers (3 s.h.)
- - Advanced Grammar (3 s.h.)
The following course is suggested, not required.
- - Language and Society (3 s.h.)
Want to know what it's really like to be a Cougar? Visit campus and discover for yourself USF's academic, spiritual and social community.Arrange a VisitApply Now
Request Information on this Program
All fields required.